CHEK institute and functional training??

ThaWholigan

Read some really good stuff about Paul Chek and his work, as well as Gary Gray, and they practice functional training, where they workout in 3 dimensional planes of movement or something like that.

Anybody aware of this stuff and whether it works??

I've been aware of it for years because many people on my fitness forum are into it. I am too lazy and have fallen into a routine that I like so I maintain but don't really make any progress in terms of strength and flexibility. That's why I am hoping to meet a fit guy who will introduce me to something new or who will push me and for whom I can do the same.

Read some really good stuff about Paul Chek and his work, as well as Gary Gray, and they practice functional training, where they workout in 3 dimensional planes of movement or something like that.

Anybody aware of this stuff and whether it works??

I had a look at the websites and clips on youtube, that type of training looks quite hard. Maybe not the best to start with if you haven't been training for very long, it can put you off exercise I think.

• Author
ThaWholigan

Found a CHEK trainer in South East London, trains with Jade Johnson and a few other people (trained with David Haye recently, I love that guy's physique).

Not bad pricing, seems like it would be good to start with. Just have to factor it into my cashflow :laugh:

Also, found a South African ninjutsu martial arts class in South West. Looked up a lot of this stuff, and it's legit. Weapons training and all sorts. Looking good :D

Haye has that physique because he is a boxer first and foremost. If you want that body I still think it's your best way forward. Having said that what I hear about ninjutsu sounds good from fitness (and obviously skills) point of view. Perhaps starting with that is enough and see how you get on?