Websites for fitness plans?

Can anyone recommend websites where you can create your own 3-6 month fitness plan? I can't be bothered to pay a personal trainer at a gym (frankly they charge more than I can afford) since I'm on a rather meager budget anyway.

You can find cheap exercise DVDs, used, on Amazon.com. Search for workouts by type and look at clips on collagevideo.com and see if you can find the same thing for less at amazon. You will never have an excuse to skip exercise if you do it at home. You can even workout naked if you want to!

• Like 1
  • Author

Hahaha good point fitchick! I want to get really fit in the next 6 months, even while I student teach. I already read an article that discussed exercising in the morning between 6-8:30 a.m. to help regulate the sleep cycle, vs. exercising at night. Then there's the nutrition aspect too. I try to eat healthy food which are super expensive. I shop at Lunds but now I'm forcing myself to go to Cub or Rainbow or heck even the Super Targets are comparable how they price their produce. Basically I want to start now so my student teaching semester will go better. I know it will physically wreck me as it has most of my peers who are much younger, so I want to get started on a consistent fitness plan now.

Frozen vegetables have the same and often more nutrients than fresh, which may sit out for days in a supermarket. There is also more waste with fresh if you don't eat it right away. Much cheaper and you can buy in quantity. I always stock up when it's "buy 10 for $10." Google recipes for herb butters to make and freeze as needed. You can use pasta sauces on vegetables as well.

I don't think it matters when you exercise as long as you are consistent. That way you will get results. I exercise as soon as I get home from work, then eat a small dinner. There is no way I could exercise in the morning. I am not a morning person. I couldn't exercise on an empty stomach. An hour before I leave work I usually have yogurt to fuel my workout. If I am starving, I won't exercise. Do what works best for you.

• Like 1
  • Author

I'm going to check out that sparkpeople website. And I've somehow managed to switch from being a night person to a morning person because I'm drowsy by 11 p.m. and automatically wake up every morning around 6:30 a.m. even before my 6:45 alarm goes off. I used to stay up until 1 or 2 a.m. during the semesters to study, and would sleep in past 9 or 10 a.m.

I think you're right about the frozen vegetables being more nutrient-rich and cheaper than fresh, organic. Problem is that I love fresh, organic spinach and not the frozen kind. I get paid tomorrow so I'll bulk up on my fresh vegetables and see what recipes I can create from them. Thanks for the reminder.

I think I'm going to start exercising between 6-8:30 a.m. depending on when my next job starts (since I only have 7-9 weeks now until my fall semester starts). Plus it'll be good to exercise in the morning before I head off to my student teaching assignment since I'll need to be energized and ready for the high school students I'll be teaching. I know myself well enough to know that as soon as I'll get home from student teaching I'll probably just collapse from exhaustion for a couple of hours and nap, then have to wake up, write lesson plans, work on my masters thesis (my program makes you base it on your student teaching experience) and so I won't have time to exercise at night anyway.

And yeah, I'll have to eat something before I exercise in the morning (even during exercise) as my blood sugar tends to crash quickly (very annoying).

Read the book The Zone Diet. Subscribe to Muscle and Fitness magazine, or Muscle and Fitness For Her magazine.