Food Intolerance is So Frustrating!

housebunny

Ever since I had a baby [who is lactose intolerant], I have become lactose intolerant. No dairy unless I want to spend a day feeling awful. Yes, Lactaid is great, but it doesn't help 100% with anything, and I just weigh my options and say "It isn't worth it"

I also get sick with bread and meat. I just feel awful.

Everything I eat, I have to think, "What pill should I be taking with this?", or "Will I regret this in 20 minutes?"

I'm down to fruits and vegetables, rice cakes, peanut butter, and protein shakes. What gives!

If that diet sounds horrible, trust me, IT IS! It completely sucks. I eat the same things every day not because I want to, I eat it because I know for sure it won't make me sick.

Currently experiencing that twenty minute regret.

You sound like the perfect candidate for a vegan diet. Google Mimi Kirk (I think that's her name) on youtube. She has recipes and tips. The woman is 72 and looks fantastic. Her boyfriend is twenty or so years younger.

• Author
housebunny

No, I know I need to. With the price of insurance, it's not an option right now.

I went through a lot of allergies to medications in childhood, finally figuring out that I was allergic to everything except penicillin. I think having a child changed something inside of me that made me even more sensitive.

I'm lactose intolerant too although I'm lucky that mine is relatively mild. I have just come back from a work trip from Ireland and they cook everything in butter over there, at least in the smaller towns. Was in discomfort throughout the trip unfortunately.