10 health benefits of chocolate

it keeps me from strangling the shxt out of someone, so yeah, that's a positive benefit when i've got those happy hormones washing over me :laugh:

though i gotta admit, for a sugar junkie diabetic like me, it's VERY encouraging knowing that eating one or two tiny Dove Darks will curb that psychological need for sugar while allowing me to indulge in some damn good chocolate ...

Dark chocolate is actually one of the desserts I find it easiest to eat in moderation (i.e. not chomp the entire thing down and want another). I'm trying to tamp down my sugar intake, because sugar impacts anxiety, so it's been my dessert of choice lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Chocolate have many hidden benefits for human. It also have capability to burn fat and reduce over weight. It is an easy way for those who can not do regular exercise. It boost metabolism and then fat burning ratio will also be increased. Recent researched proved that chocolate reduce tiredness and refresh brain form whole day working routine.

Chocolate is good for you; all the sugar, sat fat and milk that it's mixed with is not. A lot of people who "like chocolate" really just like the sugar it's mixed with.

Train yourself to eat the highest % cocoa chocolate that you can. I've actually come to enjoy the bitterness of 86% cocoa chocolate, which only has 1.5 g. of sugar per square. Or 100% cocoa mixed with coconut milk as a drink. YUM!

Chocolate is good for you; all the sugar, sat fat and milk that it's mixed with is not. A lot of people who "like chocolate" really just like the sugar it's mixed with.

Train yourself to eat the highest % cocoa chocolate that you can. I've actually come to enjoy the bitterness of 86% cocoa chocolate, which only has 1.5 g. of sugar per square. Or 100% cocoa mixed with coconut milk as a drink. YUM!

Yes, our dark chocolate has hardly any sugar in it.

I'm drinking coconut milk right now, even though I feel guilty every time I buy it (it's super expensive!). I'll have to try some cocoa in it sometime.

Yes, our dark chocolate has hardly any sugar in it.

I'm drinking coconut milk right now, even though I feel guilty every time I buy it (it's super expensive!). I'll have to try some cocoa in it sometime.

Good job!

Coconut milk has really skyrocketed in price over the past year or so. I don't know why. Maybe something happened to the coconut harvest?!?!

This doesn't have chocolate in it, but it's one of my favorite treats:

8 ounces (1 cup) almond or coconut milk

1/2 teaspoon turmeric

1/2-inch wide round slice of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped

Dash of cayenne pepper

1/2 – 1 teaspoon honey or other sweetener

Optional additions: a small pat of butter, cinnamon, cardamom

Instructions:

Gently warm the almond or coconut milk on the stove.

In a mug, combine the remaining ingredients.

Drizzle a teaspoon of the warmed milk into the mug and mix until the liquid is smooth with no lumps. Add the rest of the milk and mix well. You can leave the pieces of ginger in the tea, or strain it out before drinking.

Read more: Creamy Turmeric Tea | Mark's Daily Apple

• 3 weeks later...
WilliamsTaylor

This is an interesting post to read. I like chocolates and I am quite happy after reading their benefits in better health care. Thanks for providing information which is very rare to find.

Since chocolate contains caffeine, it's best not to eat it too late in the evening. In addition, I've bought baker's chocolate, (which is used mainly for baking), which has no sugar.

• Like 1
Since chocolate contains caffeine, it's best not to eat it too late in the evening. In addition, I've bought baker's chocolate, (which is used mainly for baking), which has no sugar.

I'm the same way. For me, the darker the chocolate, the better.

• Author

I buy Trader Joe's pound bar (in the red wrapper) and break off a square, which is about half an ounce. I either eat it as is or, for breakfast, toast some Ezekiel bread, spread with raw almond butter and chop the chocolate up to melt on top. Same idea as Nutella without extra sugar. Filling and yummy.

Now, I can be satisfied with a tiny piece of dark chocolate -- unless it is wrapped around a filling like caramel. I love all sorts of filled chocolates like Lindt, for example, or Ghiradelli. Then all bets are off!

I can't wait to try the turmeric tea because I've been adding turmeric to my diet. I generally sprinkle it on top of my fried or poached eggs or fish as part of a spice mixture. Some places you can find the raw root itself but I haven't gone looking for it.

• 3 weeks later...
ganeshagro

It is true that chocolate has many health benefits. It helps in reducing stress & tension. I love dark chocolate.

futuregopher

lol. The only problem with this is that people go overboard and eat way too much chocolate thinking it's not a problem. :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...