****ed up body type: fixable?

Hey,

i haven't been checking my body weight (perhaps already interesting to state: i'm male) for my entire life. I know my weight at certain ages, but i never made a single attempt to modify it (i was rather skinny 'til i was 18).

Now, a few years later, i'm in a worse position: i might only be 170 pound (for 185 centimeters), but i have a very lean body combined with buttocks in which they could store a space shuttle.

Now, i'm going to hit the gym a few times a week, going for more muscle, adapt my food and lifestyle etc. But i'm stuck with this 1 fear: since it's the first place where fat is stored, it will be left until all the other fat is gone. What if i stop losing weight, when i'm at my leanest ever at my upper body?

Your genetics determine where you body stores fat. There's no changing that. Most people tend to store fat around their midsections, thighs, butts, etc. That's just how us humans have evolved over time to be able to increase our survivability.

That being said, you can make improvements to your physique with proper diet and training. One of the best things you can do (mindset wise) is stop comparing yourself to others. Other people have a completely different set of strengths and weaknesses than you. You can only improve yourself.

So to answer your question: no, you can't change your genetics. You are stuck with them. Accept them, and embrace them, for they are part of what make you who you are. That being said, almost everyone can make positive changes to their physiques. I would recommend that you pursue athletic goals, rather than physique goals. Physique changes will occur as you progress athletically. Focus on getting stronger, faster, more agile, etc. Eat plenty of protein (at least a gram per day of your desired bodyweight), drink plenty of water (gallon per day), and consume carbs and fats in moderation. The best thing you can do is get in the lifestyle of training hard and as often as you can. If you develop a passion for it, you'll go much further than the guy who's pursuing short term goals and just going through the motions.

Set attainable goals for yourself in the short term, but don't forget about long term (years/decades) goals.

If it makes you feel any better I know a bunch of girls, myself included, that think a little junk in the trunk on a man is adorable. If I was choosing between a guy with a beer gut or a guy with a budonkadonk, I'd definitely go for the ass :)

Lose fat, eat more protein and build up your upper body to make your lower body look smaller. To shrink your butt, don't do any weighted work involving it. Do high rep, low weight, preferably body weight. Floorwork like donkey kicks and unweighted leg lifts. Make your thighs look bigger by building them, which will then make your butt look smaller.

As a woman, this is my problem area so I know this stuff works.