Sebhorea dermatitis to the extreme, It's embarrasing for dating

Do you just hope that whoever you are seeing will accept it(since there is no solution) or forget it and stop having relationships since people will always think you're just dirty and disgusting.

I have extreme case. my whole scalp is full of flakes. thankfully i have hair still so it covers but flakes can come out and be visible. it's really embarrasing.

I used many shampoos and went to the Derm doctor he said to use NIzoral Prescription but does it work?

Oral or gel?

How often do you shampoo? How long do you leave the shampoo on? What type of shampoo do you use? Do you have this anywhere else, like eyebrows?

Feelin Frisky

Yes, Nizoral works very well. Leave it in for a few minutes before you rinse. The doctor should also give you a script for one of these two things: a little squirt bottle of betamethazone or a can of mousse which contains a steroid. If you treat your scalp with these per prescription, you will have periods where it may seem to go away completely. Use a prescription ointment like aclovate if you get it on your face. Also be aware that some SSRI meds like Prozac, exacerbate it and cause flare ups.If you're taking an SSRI, you might want to see if your doctor thinks you can get away with taking it every other day instead of every day, or perhaps taking less.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, i suffered from this in the past, along with other symptoms. I realised that it had started when i started to consume alot of wheat products.

Wheat/gluten can cause this. I'm not saying it's the case for you, but it might be something worth looking into