this is going to be an odd request for some people to read,but how does one go about gaining weight, i eat mass quantities of food and really dont see any change on the scales, is it just metabolism and im doomed to be 6'4" and 150 the rest of my life or is there something that can be done

If eating a whole lot won't do it, try slowing down. If you can lower your metabolism by becoming more sedentary it might help. Basically, be lazy (drive everywhere, sit in front of the tube) etc...

Keep in mind that eating too much junk is not good for anoyone though, regardless of your size.

Goto your local work out supplement store and ask about a mass builder.

You want something with alot of extra carbs, etc.

Combine that with exercise/weight lifting and you will gain weight.

• Author

well peaches, i dont think i can just sit around all day, i am pretty active and play a lot of sports while i'm at school, adn i think i will try to go to the gym, my roomate is always trying to get me to go but it is rather intimidating when you first start - ive tried that mass builder without working out for a couple of months but nothing came of it, i guess i should try it again while trying to build muscle

How old are you?

You might want to try doing some weight training to gain muscle, which will give you some "bulk." I don't really recommend messing with your body's natural set-point unless there is something unhealthy about your eating habits that needs correcting. What does your diet currently look like? What sort of activities do you engage in?

• Author

well since im a college student obviously my diet leaves something to be desired, a lot of fast food and cafeteria crap - i play basketball, ultimate frisbee, football, golf, walk to all my classes and work, i am one month from the 20th birthday too, so i guess its time to start thinking about bulking up, also i have a little bit of an acne problem, will working out effect this at all positive or negative?

If you're still growing (and that continues into the twenties for some people), then it might be a while before you can pile on the pounds. A lot of men start to put on weight once they pass their mid-twenties.

I would definitely NOT recommend becoming sedentary!!!!! It sounds like you have a very healthy lifestyle - one which most of us would do well to emulate.

If you badly want to put on pounds, you could indulge in some of the foods which are very high in calories. Ice cream comes to mind; I think it's one of the very top foods in terms of tons of calories per relatively small serving. Nuts are another option. Just remember not to overdo on saturated fat.

Try to get lots of fruit and veg into you. I know that even cafeterias have that stuff!

If you do alot of weight lifting.

P.S. Weight lifting will give you the "good kind of mass"

who wants flab?

Since your skinny to start, you will become very toned, and defined.

My friend is 6"4 and used to be a bean pole, he started to work out

and use massbuilder, now hes HUGE.

Acne wont hurt you.

If your that tall I wouldnt worry about stunting ur growth, at any age.

Your metabolism will indeed slow down in ur 20s.

• Author

well to the replies saying that metabolism will slow down in the twenties, thats true to most cases, in mine though it might be a bit different, my brother (in his forties) who by all accounts is my twin (i have pics to prove it) is about 175 due to weight lifting - if no lifting had occurred he would probably be still be about my size, i will def. start working out when i get back to school - ive also heard that working out on a regular scheule helps you to become well balanced n school and work and other reas so that is also something to look forward to - and hopefully the girls will start to notice me more if i dont look like th wind could sweep me away

thanks