ok to work out while sick?

found myself coming down with a cold a few days ago. worked out yesterday as i thought it would help clear my sinuses. but i feel worse today. should i lay off for a few days?

Fluids and good food. Working out impacts your immune system so you might just make yourself feel worse.

Rest.

When you recover and then start exercise again, you'll catch up in no time because you'll be fully recovered quicker.

P.S

Multivitamins are good too.

You'll get over being sick much faster if you rest and take in lots of water. Focus on getting good nutrition.

Don't go to the gym and spread it to everyone else.

• Author

thanks Antinko! you're right - - with any kind of illness the body is already feeling run down so working out creates additional stress.

based on the dirty looks i've received from co-workers, today i should have taken the day off work today as well. :o

thanks Antinko! you're right - - with any kind of illness the body is already feeling run down so working out creates additional stress.

based on the dirty looks i've received from co-workers, today i should have taken the day off work today as well. :o

Perhaps phoning in sick would be a good idea tomorrow if you're feeling bad. It's unfortunate that it's often a necessity, but we put our work commitments before our health far too much.