LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Best Work out for little legs and fat stomach

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2011, 2:32 PM   #1
Established Member

Best Work out for little legs and fat stomach

I just dont know what to do to get the figure I use to have. I use to have a small stomache or none, but now that Im older, it is harder to lose my stomach.

It is not something that my friends or family know bothers me but it really does.

How to do get rid of your stomach? I am really struggling

weight 143
height 5'5
small to med build
big butt- very round.
big titis 38C
big stomach too....ugh!!!!

dont like being too skinny. I have skinny legs. Not fun.

PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF MY STOMACH
9Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 2:52 PM   #2
Established Member

If you don't have any knee or ankle issues issues, I would suggest that you do some skipping. All you need is a crappy little $10 plastic speed rope from walmart. Skipping burns more calories then a treadmill or running. It also primarily tones your upper body. It will take a few sessions to break the rope in and get the hang of it, but once you get the hang of it you will see results. It gets really fun actually

Try laying off alcohol or processed foods. Otherwise don't try to change your diet too much. Just be conscious of what you are eating. When you are eating, don't do anything else and just focus entirely on the food and every bite. This is important and proven to work. You will become satisfied with less, and you will enjoy every bite . If you have a big meal, try going for a walk afterward to speed up your metabolism.
PelicanPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 3:00 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PelicanPete View Post
If you don't have any knee or ankle issues issues, I would suggest that you do some skipping. All you need is a crappy little $10 plastic speed rope from walmart. Skipping burns more calories then a treadmill or running. It also primarily tones your upper body. It will take a few sessions to break the rope in and get the hang of it, but once you get the hang of it you will see results. It gets really fun actually

Try laying off alcohol or processed foods. Otherwise don't try to change your diet too much. Just be conscious of what you are eating. When you are eating, don't do anything else and just focus entirely on the food and every bite. This is important and proven to work. You will become satisfied with less, and you will enjoy every bite . If you have a big meal, try going for a walk afterward to speed up your metabolism.
Okay I will give this a try. If I could get rid of my stomach, I would have a great shape.
Old 24th April 2011, 1:54 PM   #4
Established Member

Location: My own head but trying to find a new place to dwell
eat less + do more + start weight training + enough protein = look better
Old 24th April 2011, 2:20 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Lives View Post
I have skinny legs. Not fun.

PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF MY STOMACH
Squat!

Start of with no weight to get the form right then start using a barbell.

Squatting works out your entire lower body.
somedude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 2:50 PM   #6
Established Member

Incline treadmill, and stop eating crap.
Eddie Edirol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 8:30 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Edirol View Post
Incline treadmill, and stop eating crap.
okay Eddie, im ready to do that. How high the incline for a starter and how long each time....as a starter
Old 24th April 2011, 8:31 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude81 View Post
Squat!

Start of with no weight to get the form right then start using a barbell.

Squatting works out your entire lower body.
I hate squats....is there another way to do squats please
Old 24th April 2011, 8:35 PM   #9
Established Member

Squats are amazing.

Why do you hate them?

With proper form, they are better for your body than using a leg press machine, which can put a strain on your spine.
Old 24th April 2011, 8:39 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Squats are amazing.

Why do you hate them?

With proper form, they are better for your body than using a leg press machine, which can put a strain on your spine.
I 100% agree. But I get tired of doing them and it seems like for them to really be effective, you have to go heavier in my case since I have little legs. What do you think?
Old 25th April 2011, 4:15 AM   #11
Established Member

Journal Entries: 1
Quote:
Squats are amazing.

Why do you hate them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Lives View Post
I 100% agree. But I get tired of doing them and it seems like for them to really be effective, you have to go heavier in my case since I have little legs. What do you think?
I have the same concern 9Lives.
I opt for the leg press machine but now Somedude's got me worried about my spine.

What's the answer Somedude?! We got bikinis to fit into!
Old 25th April 2011, 10:42 AM   #12
Established Member

Sled sprints and car pushes would be my top choices as suitable replacements for squats.

OP: depending on your current level of athleticism, going for daily 45-60 minute walks would probably be a good place to start. I prefer to do my walks fasted. Taking a hard look at your diet is a good idea as well. Try to make your meals primarily protein.
tman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 12:03 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerridwen View Post
I have the same concern 9Lives.
I opt for the leg press machine but now Somedude's got me worried about my spine.

What's the answer Somedude?! We got bikinis to fit into!
And the squats will help you fit into them

The most recent info I heard on compound exercises is that you want to use a weight that you can only do about three sets of five. Yeah it's gonna hurt.

The big bar you see in the squat rack is 45lbs. Once you got your form down, you can start with that and see how many you can do with just the bar.

I must stress that form is very important. You want to go looooowww.

As for leg press.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/30...back-injuries/

There's more info around the net.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:19 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:

The most recent info I heard on compound exercises is that you want to use a weight that you can only do about three sets of five. Yeah it's gonna hurt.
I like what you're doing here Somedude (trying to get teh wimmenz to lift heavy), but this is overly simplistic.

Check out the link that GrayClouds posted in this thread.

Last edited by tman666; 25th April 2011 at 12:22 PM..
tman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 12:26 PM   #15
Established Member

Link?

I'm being simplistic on purpose but your welcome to fill in the missing details.

And yeah, I'm trying to get 'em to lift heavy