Another topic about legs lol

I know it's been mentioned here countless times, but I was wondering if there actually IS a way to decrease the size of your legs.

Some people say with exercise it's possible, and others say that it won't work counting on exercise as you can't "pin point" an area for weight loss.

I guess I'll add a little background information;

I've lost around 25-30 lbs in the last 3 months. I know that might sound unhealthy, and to tell you the truth it was not my intention to lose that much weight that fast. I just cut out all fast foods (except subway ;X) and no coca-cola, fanta, lemonade etc. ANYWAY, so I've dropped about 15 kilos (25-30 lbs as i stated) and I'm still not happy with the size of my legs. It drives me crazy.

I know it can't be a factor to do with my parents passing on the genes or so forth, because they haven't always been this large ;/ Within a year they increased (I used to be really active, sports constantly etc and then I stopped) and then yeah, they increased in size ;(

I have dropped two sizes in pants and so I know from losing some weight that they did decrease, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to make a further increase? Thanks for your time ;D

Some people say with exercise it's possible, and others say that it won't work counting on exercise as you can't "pin point" an area for weight loss.

You CANNOT spot reduce bodyfat. This is indisputable fact. Any student of physiology knows how ridiculous the idea is. It's a common fitness myth perpetuated by those who are ignorant.

I was wondering if there actually IS a way to decrease the size of your legs.

That depends if we are talking about fat mass or muscle mass. If we're talking about fat, women tend to retain bodyfat in the hip/thigh area (whereas men are predisposed for the abdomen area). This means it will typically be the LAST area selected for fat removal. Bodyfat must be removed as a whole; all you can do is wait and see from where it vanishes.

I would need to know more about your statistics and body composition as it stands. Your unhappiness may be a desire to become more fit....or it may be purely psychological. Either way, we must isolate a healthy and effective approach for achieving your fitness goals.

• 2 years later...