stress related eczema

From personal experience, until it clears:

• Mild corticosteroid cream
  • Stress management
  • Avoiding wash products that contain sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulphate (SLES)
  • Making sure to use a rich moisturiser every time you wash that area
  • Making sure to drink enough water every day
  • Speaking to a dermatologist if it gets worse
  • Something in your diet might also be triggering it

That's if it is indeed eczema - eczema usually shows up on the 'inner' parts of the body. If it's on the outer parts (elbows) then it might be psoriasis (silvery scales), which needs to be treated differently.

I suggest speaking to your primary healthcare professional first to confirm the diagnosis before you take any other action.

Thank you for the advice! Much appreciated!:)

No worries :) I'd also like to add three more things that helped me:

• Making sure to get enough daily exercise, preferably outdoors, even if that's just a walk during your lunchbreak
  • Keeping the house at a decent temperature that is neither too hot nor too cold (humidity levels are important)
  • Not washing with water that is too hot or too cold

Once the flare-up cleared, I found that I could be a lot more flexible with some of these things but I'm still slightly on guard in case of future flare-ups.

I've got 4 coin sized spots, two on my hands, two on my shoulders. Shea butter works to make the skin settle down. The more pure, the better. You can get this at granola crunching stores.

I was in the hospital for something totally unrelated, and I broke out in a rash all over my body.....they had to call in a couple of dermatologists - who diagnozed that I was suffering from a bad case of eczema.

They prescribed Betaderm - a topical corticosteroid...you apply it twice a day.

I still use it occasionally when I get dry, red, itchiness on my arms and legs.

It practically works on contact.

I hate to say this, but the only two mainstays of treatment for eczema so far are topical corticosteroids and avoiding triggers.

So you either find a way to manage stress, or see your doc for corticosteroids.

Any tips for dealing with stress related eczema? Its flared up on my elbows and stomach and its driving me crazy!:o

Avoid non-organic soaps and detergents. That always helps me a lot. Apple cider vinegar -- a shot of it every day -- helps me avoid flare ups. When I get one, I just use the perscription cream. A good OTC cream will clear it up in a week or two (for me) because mine is mild, but the doctor's creams do the same in one or two overnights.