The Thinner Ass Progress Log

dreamingoftigers

I have decided to keep a little record of my weight loss progress on here for reasons:

1. Hopefully if I start to give up, people from the forum will start to shame/inspire me. So it holds me accountable.

2. I hope to get some helpful suggestions from other posters on overcoming any obstacles I will have.

3. Maybe someone who has a major problem like weight loss may still be able to present as a human being first, and then someone with a weight problem second.

4. Maybe it might help some of the judgmental people to see that it is a long, tedious, tons of work process. By realizing this think might be able to realize that even if every overweight/obese person started doing something to improve their situation tomorrow, that it could be even a year before they look like they have done something. So thinking that all fat people are just lazy cheeseburger -stuffing jerks that do nothing for themselves might be realized as a blanket assumption that by far doesn't apply to everyone.

5. It might give some other morbidly obese people hope for change. It may also help some of them know that they can recover from their addictions to sugar and flour.

6. When I get down on myself for not having changed enough, I can look at this and see raw progress.

7. Because I want to show off a little to people whom I don't know over the internet, because that makes me a better person. :rolleyes:

• Author
dreamingoftigers

Day 4:

258.8 lbs

I actually have to run for now, late to my Sunday Shift, but suffice to say: I started right at about 300 lbs and have been working my way down consistently fo a couple of months.

I started my food plan 4 days ago, (correlating with a higher medication dose) and have already noticed positive changes to my energy level.:)

• Author
dreamingoftigers

I had wanted to add to my last post that the reason that I started writing here today was because my body crossed the BMI threshold from morbidly obese to obese. I haven't been back here since before my pregnancy and I am very happy with the progress that I am making.

My goal is to make it out of plus-sized clothing before June.

So to recap: 258.8 lbs, BMI: 39.6 (obese) Percentile when compared to women in my age group and height: 98th. When I started I was at the 99th percentile.

Breakfast:

6 oz of plain yogurt

4 oz of berries

1 oz of rolled oats

Lunch and Dinner (the same meal twice):

12oz of salad with fresh vegetables

4 oz of protein (chicken or turkey or fish (usually salmon) or 2 eggs)

6 oz of 1 type of cooked vegetables (cannot include starches like potatoes or corn).

I have not exercised the past couple of days, I will be doing so either later tonight or first thing tomorrow.

I think you need to include some more variety in your diet- its good, but its going to drive you nuts if its all you eat until June.

You are also going to need some more carbs to keep your energy levels up especially if you are exercising. You can still eat things like brown rice, rice noodles, quinoa, potatoes or cous cous without adding too many calories or eating gluten. Quinoa is also high in protein and you can make it in a few different ways.

Some LSers disagree, but foods like beans/lentils/chickpeas are going to give you another source of carbs and protein.

I sometimes add a little bit of milk (just enough to cover) to my dried rolled oats, add frozen berries and put it in the fridge overnight it all soaks in and makes a nice creamy chilled muesli/porridge type breakfast.

Also- is there a reason you don't eat red meat?

You need to make sure you are getting enough iron, and if you aren't going to eat red meat you need to find it from alternative sources like tofu, legumes, nuts or seeds.

You can make a yummy toasted seed mix by roasting sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a bit of soy sauce, and add a tablespoon to your salads for extra nutrition.

• Author
dreamingoftigers
I think you need to include some more variety in your diet- its good, but its going to drive you nuts if its all you eat until June.

I should clarify I am doing this for twelve weeks. I may be able to (After a couple of weeks) sub in some grains etc and check out caloric content. Some of the people in FA have been eating the same food plan for 20 years. :sick:

You are also going to need some more carbs to keep your energy levels up especially if you are exercising. You can still eat things like brown rice, rice noodles, quinoa, potatoes or cous cous without adding too many calories or eating gluten. Quinoa is also high in protein and you can make it in a few different ways.

Cous cous wouldn't work for me (the wheat). Potatoes would spike too high on the glycemic index. Brown rice and quinoa (I love quinoa) I could sub in after I make sure that it wouldn't cause a spike.

Some LSers disagree, but foods like beans/lentils/chickpeas are going to give you another source of carbs and protein.

Agreed, but I would want to check how to formulate that so that I wasn't ravenously hungry. With this plan I don't get hungry at all (have you ever seen what a 12oz salad looks like? Yeesh!)

I sometimes add a little bit of milk (just enough to cover) to my dried rolled oats, add frozen berries and put it in the fridge overnight it all soaks in and makes a nice creamy chilled muesli/porridge type breakfast.

That's pretty close to what my breakfast is.

Also- is there a reason you don't eat red meat?

I do. BUT very rarely. The only red meat I like is tenderloin steak and it isn't too healthy to eat it a couple of times a month.

You need to make sure you are getting enough iron, and if you aren't going to eat red meat you need to find it from alternative sources like tofu, legumes, nuts or seeds.

Spinach goes into the salad, ugh, I hate raw Spinach. But it seems to keep me going, as well as broccoli.

You can make a yummy toasted seed mix by roasting sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a bit of soy sauce, and add a tablespoon to your salads for extra nutrition.

That sounds really good! I might want to try that soon.

Dot, my sis in law was 300 lbs this time 2 years ago. She's about 180lbs now. She did so by just dividing her plate in half. She'd only eat half of what was on her plate- and she doesn't exercise much. This works for her.

If she can do it without being overly active- you are far better off!!!

DOT, you are doing great!! Congratulations!! You must be really proud! Keep it up! I would also like to add my concern to sb129. You need to keep your iron up, and if you don't want to eat red meat, beans will do the job.;) I also think that lean fresh pork is good. No bacon or ham, but tenderloin with the fat removed should be acceptible. Broiled, poached, or stir-fried, thus limiting the grease .

the title of this post is awesome.

burn more calories then you ingest, it's as simple as that, metabolism in its simplest form.

diet and excercise, cardiovascular excercise. Also try foods which take more energy digesting then the calories they contain. Like celery.

Edited by shayan

Soup is a great idea, esp if you get sick of salad.

There are hundreds of different soup ideas, one of my favourites is one that has chicken stock (you can buy low salt or make your own), onions, garlic, tomatoes, black beans, bacon or ham and jalapenos. Its delicious and really low on calories, but fills you up especially if you add some rice to it once its cooked.

PM me if you want some recipes, I did weight watchers earlier this year to lose pregnancy weight and I modified lots of my favourite recipes to fit in with the points plan. I also do a bit of "healthy" GF baking, including bread and pizza dough.

When I'm flushed with cash I buy all kinds of treats and Subway to help me get through the day. :D

Me too! I have started leaving my wallet at home on workdays to stop buying treats!

Me too! I have started leaving my wallet at home on workdays to stop buying treats!

I do this too. I prevents the snacking.

SB I would love your pizza dough recipe. Do you have the points? you can pm me.

• Author
dreamingoftigers
Dot, my sis in law was 300 lbs this time 2 years ago. She's about 180lbs now. She did so by just dividing her plate in half. She'd only eat half of what was on her plate- and she doesn't exercise much. This works for her.

If she can do it without being overly active- you are far better off!!!

Thank you, the main portion of my problem is for sure diet. When I 18, (re: better metabolism) I started a training program. I hauled my ass to the gym at 6 a m every morning for at least an hour. Did this for almost two months. Barely lost anything.

• Author
dreamingoftigers
DOT, you are doing great!! Congratulations!! You must be really proud! Keep it up! I would also like to add my concern to sb129. You need to keep your iron up, and if you don't want to eat red meat, beans will do the job.;) I also think that lean fresh pork is good. No bacon or ham, but tenderloin with the fat removed should be acceptible. Broiled, poached, or stir-fried, thus limiting the grease .

Thank you, will check minimum for iron and make sure that I am surpassing it.:)

• Author
dreamingoftigers
the title of this post is awesome. Thanks.

burn more calories then you ingest, it's as simple as that, metabolism in its simplest form.

diet and excercise, cardiovascular excercise. Also try foods which take more energy digesting then the calories they contain. Like celery.

My diet at this point ranges from 1145 - approx 1500 a day. I think that grapefruit falls into the same category.

• Author
dreamingoftigers
Have you tried kale? It is firmer in texture than spinach and holds up well in soup. It's also loaded with nutrients. And it is delicious. I would also suggest some kind of legumes like chickpeas or black beans as they are loaded with protein and also keep you satiated much longer.

I have noticed the tighter I am on money the better I eat. =/ If I feel I'm low on money I won't eat out, and will only buy the essentials (which for me consist of lots of veggies since that is my main source of food). When I'm flushed with cash I buy all kinds of treats and Subway to help me get through the day. :D

Kale is awesome and I almost forgot about it. The broker I get the worse I eat unfortunately.

• Author
dreamingoftigers
Soup is a great idea, esp if you get sick of salad.

There are hundreds of different soup ideas, one of my favourites is one that has chicken stock (you can buy low salt or make your own), onions, garlic, tomatoes, black beans, bacon or ham and jalapenos. Its delicious and really low on calories, but fills you up especially if you add some rice to it once its cooked.

PM me if you want some recipes, I did weight watchers earlier this year to lose pregnancy weight and I modified lots of my favourite recipes to fit in with the points plan. I also do a bit of "healthy" GF baking, including bread and pizza dough.

\

I will PM you when I am ready for a little variety, right now I am also trying to make sure that I don't leave the rigidity for a bit because i get off track really easily and this worked really well for me before, I also don't want to have my thoughts centered on food and when the next yummy thing might appear.

• Author
dreamingoftigers

Sorry everyone, I should multi-quote!

DAY 5

I realize that a lot of this is probably water weight and may be a bit too fast of a weight loss, possible soon plateau.

BMI: 39.4

Percentile: 98th

level of activity:moderate cleaning only

• Author
dreamingoftigers

DAY 6

254.4 lbs

BMI: 39! So I am

97th percentile!

Activity: Got up late again so it's cleaning again today.

My pants have been falling down, yay! Apparently my breasts look nicer too :) I got pretty emotional last night but I am not sure how much is stress, how much is lack of sleep and how much is sugar withdrawal, and how much is difficultly in my relationships but I am now ready to regroup. I am glad that I am doing this for myself because I can now stick with it no matter what happens in my relationships.

I many how many overweight people are overweight because of a sense of trying to take care of others instead of some sense of entitlement.

I am grateful for my husband's support while I am on food plan.

I know that I am losing weight really fast and the real challenge will be keeping focused when I hit a plateau.

I do this too. I prevents the snacking.

SB I would love your pizza dough recipe. Do you have the points? you can pm me.

I will, I need to dig it out its summer here and not as much pizza!

• Author
dreamingoftigers

Day 7

255.2 lbs (There's probably the start of the plateau, or there is more water weight kicking around).

BMI: 39.1 (Obese)

97th percentile

I registered for the winter weight loss contest. They don't do it by body weight alone because they want to see consistency and healthy planning, not just everyone not eating or something.

It was free to register and I could win $10000, but they have a panel of judges decide and I am not sure that I am into that. People have judged me for my weight for so long, I wouldn't want them to judge whether or not I have done enough according to their standards.

Just wanted to tell you how mighty I think you are for undertaking this and for sharing it all here. Lots of people are going to be inspired. And I know you are going to reach your goals.

Just wanted to tell you how mighty I think you are for undertaking this and for sharing it all here. Lots of people are going to be inspired. And I know you are going to reach your goals.

Ditto. It's really impressive! :)

GorillaTheater

Way to go Dreaming! I haven't been around much lately, but I'm going to start checking in to watch your progress.

My pants have been falling down, yay!

Apparently my breasts look nicer too :)

I suspect a connection. :)

Great what you are doing, very motivating for me to follow your success!:)

I have one suggestion which may or may not appeal to you. There is a cool free graph that you can plot your weight loss on and it does a trend line on a 20 day weighted average. It removes any drastic effects of water weight and is pretty cool because the most important thing is the trend is going down. Gives lots of other stats too. Anyway it is really helpful when you hit a bit of a plateau or a slump. (there is a free online book too, interesting read - amusing at times, but basically says eat less than you use).

http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

Either way, just keep going, I look forward to seeing pics at your goal weight! :D