abs are made in the kitchen

one of the super fit ls guys on this site put this out there and it was so profound cause its true. if u are not eating right, your stomach is not going to be flat. I'm doing the abs diet and I love it. I been doing it for a short time but I'm finding the diet to be easy to follow and real strict. I'm also seeing that I'm stomache is slowly going down. the meal plans are simple and has good sources of protien and fiber thru out the day. u still eat carbs but in a different way. has anyone else tried the abs diet?

one of the super fit ls guys on this site put this out there and it was so profound cause its true. if u are not eating right, your stomach is not going to be flat. I'm doing the abs diet and I love it. I been doing it for a short time but I'm finding the diet to be easy to follow and real strict. I'm also seeing that I'm stomache is slowly going down. the meal plans are simple and has good sources of protien and fiber thru out the day. u still eat carbs but in a different way. has anyone else tried the abs diet?

My diet is basically:

quick oats for breakfast.

cottage cheese & frozen blueberries snack

turkey sandwich on whole grain bread for lunch.

more cottage cheese & frozen blueberries for a snack.

dinner is chicken with veggies or chicken taco's on whole wheat pita with some cheese & low fat sour cream.

fruit for a snack.

Or cottage cheese & frozen blueberries (i'm addicted)

Protien shake after my work out.

work out is one compound movement heavy.(5 sets of 6 to 8 reps 1 min. max rest)

Followed by either a compound or isolation exercise going for hypertrophy (7 sets of 8 to 12 reps with 30 seconds rest)

Per body part.

I also try to hit the treadmill for steady state cardio right after or walk the dog.

twice a week I try to do HIIT.

Slowly but surely the pants are getting looser & my muscles are getting stronger.

I'm not a big proponent of fad diets...sure, they may provide some quick results, but none of them are a solid foundation for a healthy long term nutrition plan...

I'm not a big proponent of fad diets...sure, they may provide some quick results, but none of them are a solid foundation for a healthy long term nutrition plan...

I'm reading the abs diet now.

The author actually said the same thing you did.

It's a life style change he calls it.

Even though his book has the word diet.

I think he means Diet in the other sense.

• Author
This sounds interesting. What kind of things do you eat on this diet? What makes it strict?

Angel, Im sorry, I meant to say not real strict. It is a very easy diet.

My breakfast this morning was

Cereal for fiber

Orange juice with calicium for vitamin c

Whole wheat english muffin with peanut better for protein and fiber

Snack

2 tsp of peanut butter and fresh broccoli dipped in fat free ranch

Lunch

whole wheat sandwich with deli sliced turkey ...i was full so I didnt each my orange

so that is just a example of it. It is very easy. And the book gives you the workout plan to go with the diet.

• Author

Your the guy I heard say ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN! Thanks for the response. the book says EXACTLY what you just said. This meal plan is not made for quick results. It is actually a lifestyle change in HOW you eat. It is not something you can only do for a short time, but a lifetime providing you dont have health issue. I bet if you read this book, you would agree with alot of the information provided. My goal is to eat healthy and try to put good carbs in my body and not alot of carbs in the evening time so it can turn into fat. It is a great great great book!!!!

• Author
I'm reading the abs diet now.

The author actually said the same thing you did.

It's a life style change he calls it.

Even though his book has the word diet.

I think he means Diet in the other sense.

Yes you are 100 correct. I actually love the meal plan concept. Im really able to stick with it and feel good about myself. It been so good. I had 1/2 cup of low fat ice cream last night...awesome. No guilt involved!

Not the love ace

I'm with you brother. To me, it basically comes down to just knowing what you put in your stomach, that's all.

Your the guy I heard say ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN! Thanks for the response. the book says EXACTLY what you just said. This meal plan is not made for quick results. It is actually a lifestyle change in HOW you eat. It is not something you can only do for a short time, but a lifetime providing you dont have health issue. I bet if you read this book, you would agree with alot of the information provided. My goal is to eat healthy and try to put good carbs in my body and not alot of carbs in the evening time so it can turn into fat. It is a great great great book!!!!

Heheh, awesome! I'm glad I was able to help! I've heard of this so-called "abs diet"...I think my dad might actually have the book...he went on this diet craze a few years back and has all sorts of books on different fad diets...

• Author
Heheh, awesome! I'm glad I was able to help! I've heard of this so-called "abs diet"...I think my dad might actually have the book...he went on this diet craze a few years back and has all sorts of books on different fad diets...

its really not a diet. its more of a change of eating. its probably a lot of what u do already. lots of fruits, vegs, protien, and good carbs

its really not a diet. its more of a change of eating. its probably a lot of what u do already. lots of fruits, vegs, protien, and good carbs

I checked out their website...and it advertised a "6-week plan"...to me, that just screams diet...and it stresses 12 "power foods"...I'm a little skeptical...but it's a good start...

• Author
I checked out their website...and it advertised a "6-week plan"...to me, that just screams diet...and it stresses 12 "power foods"...I'm a little skeptical...but it's a good start...

I expected you to be skeptical especially cause you understand health and nutrition. The powerfoods are mainly protien smoothies and food that give you energy really. But hey Im not trying to convince you to use the plan. I just think it is very good and could be used as a normal guide to everyday eating. Thats all. Some people need direction when it comes to food consumption if they are serious about eating right.