Smoking Pot and Taking a Drug Test

I need some input. About two weeks ago I went to a party with a friend and only intended to have a couple beers. Well, I got out of control and ended up getting trashed. I also slipped up and took a couple hits of marijuana (which is only the second time in my entire life)

Since I'm not much into drugs, I don't know about how long they stay in your system. There is a possibility that next week I will have to take a drug test for a new job that I am starting.

Will the drug test show positive for marijuana? (2 hits and about 3 weeks prior to the drug test) If so, is there anything I can do to clear my system?!? One of my friends said I should be OK because I run and work out and I will end up sweating it all out.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated. (yes, yes, I already know I shouldn't be smoking, but, it happened)

ususally, pot stays in your system for about 6 weeks, depending on how fast your metabolism is. All I can say is drink lots of water and pray. But it's about 6 weeks to stay in your system.

Oh, how nice it would be if pot stayed in your system for only a day or so.....I guess I would be smokin it up!!!

To me, there is nothing wrong with smoking a little reefer every now and then...hell...it takes the edge off!

But I heard there is a drug at GNC that you can take (I think it's an Herb) that gets it out of your system quick....I don't know what it is...might wanna check about that.

longlegzs80

I can't believe that pot stays in your system for that long. It kinda seems like it is tooo long, 6 weeks? REally?

I took this excerpt from a site. It's from a pamphlet entitled: Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know.

"Q: How long does marijuana stay in the user's body?

A: THC in marijuana is readily absorbed by fatty tissues in various organs. Generally, traces (metabolites) of THC can be detected by standard urine testing methods several days after a smoking session. However, in heavy, chronic users, traces can sometimes be detected for weeks after they have stopped using marijuana."

And this excerpt from another site:

"The chemical in marijuana, THC, is absorbed by fatty tissues in various organs. Traces of THC can be detected by standard urine and blood tests for about 2 days up to 11 weeks depending on the persons metabolism, how much they smoked and how long they smoked. THC can be detected for the life of the hair. Again, the sensitivity of the test ranges from person from to person depending on many factors including the amount of body fat, differences in metabolism, and how long and how much they smoked."

I would think that it's unlikely that the pot you smoked would still be in your system at the time of a drug test this far removed since you only smoked a little and you're not a chronic user, but who knows.

• Author

I'll just drink lots of water. There's propably very little of the chemical left in my system since it was kinda a once in a blue moon incident.

Thanks for the feedback. For some strange reason I always thought one joint smoked would show up on a drug test for 3 months afterward. Maybe that's only if you are a chronic user.

There is something you can get at GNC, as Nurse_Jamie said, to flush out your system. I think it's called "Gold" something, but I can't remember.

I don't know...you'd probably rather be safe than sorry.

Psssst... It's called Golden Seal, sold at GNC. I will warn you though, some drug tests can detect otc drugs that you take to get rid of the evidence.

My ex drank a full 8 oz. glass of vinegar to pass once and it worked.

Goodluck!!! and remember, you didn't hear it from me, lol.

• Author

The GNC stuff is hype? So, have you tried the particular product that was mentioned in this post? I did talk to a friend (regular smoker) who used something like Gold 2000 and she passed her piss test.

you are fine, honey. BELIEVE ME, you are fine. I am a college athlete, have to take random tests every once ina while, and i've gotten tested 1 week after smoking 3 hits, and i rarely smoke, also. I came up negative. Dont fret, but DO drink water and it's good that you work out...good luck!!!

There are many, many products out there that claim to accelerate the purging process....but that's not how the physiology works. All these products can do is mask the hell out of your urine. If the testers are really taking it seriously, they will be able to detect masking agents. If it's a hair test, there's nothing you can do.

Either way, such a minor degree of marijuana use is unlikely to show itself. These kinds of drug tests are meant to catch regular abusers.

Don't worry about it. If you are worried about it, you can pick up drinks in head shops if you know ahead of time you will be tested. As far as the golden seal goes, my dad takes that stuff for respiratory ailments. I don't know that it would flush out THC from your system.

Most labs can now detect if you've taken Gold seal or any other drinks or pills to clean out your system Just drink lots of water 2 gal then go to the pharmacy and get a Home drug test and see if you pass if you don't drink untill you piss strait water and try again. PSSS after you piss strait water drink something yellow Mountian dew, Apple juice to give your pee that yellow color. it works I promise! :D

Immortal No More

Drink lots of cranberry juice, piss as often as you can. I smoked continually for about 2 years before i took a drug test, i drank about 2 gallons of cranberry juice a day for a week....and when i took my drug test the following week, i was clean.

I am very athletic, so I would drink some juice, run a mile or two on the treadmill, drink some more and so in so...

THC is stored in the fat cells of your body and is only released from the body through burning of fat cells, or through excrement. It takes a long time, if you only count on excrement. Drink the juice, sweat a lot, and enjoy life, you will be clean.

I am sober from pot now for 2 days, im taking it a day at a time, and hopefully i never go back. It really killed my mom inside to see me doing drugs, her brother passed away from drugs.

Immortal No More

Bonzai, Poppy seeds dont show up as pot in drug tests, they show up as opiates (heroin, opium). Heroin and opium is made from the poppy plant.

• 2 years later...

as a voice of experience, i can say that there is very little that can be done to pass a piss test other than get a previously mentioned clean drink from a head shop. golden seal helps, but not much. also, most tests detect masking agents. i.e.-golden seal. everyone has stories about friends who have done this or that and passed tests, but they are mostly bull****. about all you can do, other than get a drink, is drink lots of water and diuretics(tea, pepsi, coffee, alcohol) and exercise. exercising is maybe the most important element since THC is stored in fat cells. you burn the fat cells, you lose the THC. but one or two time users should not have a problem after 3-5 days. or you could shoot a bunch of speed or meth and up your metabolism. this works every time. unfortunately, this would kinda defeat the purpose as you would test neg for mary jane, but positive for amphetamines. anyway, im sure youll be fine. good luck.