"Buns of Steel", For the love of God, why???

I watched an exercise program , this weekend and all of the women, in it, had muscular asses. Why would any woman want an ass like a man's? I blame the whole thing on the Unisex/metrosexual phenomenon. Either they are like Emos, or they all look like long-distance runners. Women volleyball players have no ass at all. During one of my breakup-s with GF, I slept with a woman , who had a rubbery, firm ass, it wasn't that great. So , my question is to both men and women. To men, do you find small, hard, asses, attractive? To women, who ever told you that this is a sexy thing?

To men, do you find small, hard, asses, attractive?

Yes. But I think it's because I see them every day at the gym...and I like it...

• Author

I go to the gym, too, but I am not attracted to body-building women.

• Author

This is somewhat dissappointing. I would have thought that all of you women exercisers would have had something to say. And all of you men, who like boyish looking women , would have come on to explain the attraction?

Joe,

Just gotta wait for the early evening crowd to come on...that's what happens when you post at 0230 EST...you only get the crazy ones who stay up to the ass crack of dawn on LS... :laugh:

I can't speak for all women, but my work-outs generally are not intended to get me to the point of being "hard", whether it be ass or anywhere else. Even if I am specifically focusing on exercises that build ass muscles, I neither intend nor expect to get buns of steel. What I'm going for is is to make sure my ass does not get flabby or saggy, and maintains a nice, round shape with some firmness instead of just fatty flab over little muscle underneath.

Most women want to look "toned", for lack of a better word. Few want to look like bodybuilders, and few achieve that level of muscle unless they are into body-building or are hardcore into a sport that creates that kind of physique. Those videos and whatnot might hype the buns of steel, but few of us have that goal when we follow the programs and know we probably would never manage it even if we wanted to. But the programs are good to build some muscle and keep the extra flab away.

LOL, I have this very conversation with female friends. The current trend seem to be towards men liking fat, "bubble" butts. I think this started and was propagated from black culture and recently adapted to the mainstream.. as has been the cool thing to do for many decades (mainstream assimilating components of black culture they view as "cool").

Personally, I still like small, smooth, tight bums. That crease at the bottom.. you know the one.. hottest thing ever - but it has to be very delicate & subtle. If the butt hangs over that crease, it ruins it!

No, I don't want muscular, body-builder asses, but I also don't want them to jiggle and flop around.

threebyfate
I can't speak for all women, but my work-outs generally are not intended to get me to the point of being "hard", whether it be ass or anywhere else. Even if I am specifically focusing on exercises that build ass muscles, I neither intend nor expect to get buns of steel. What I'm going for is is to make sure my ass does not get flabby or saggy, and maintains a nice, round shape with some firmness instead of just fatty flab over little muscle underneath.

Most women want to look "toned", for lack of a better word. Few want to look like bodybuilders, and few achieve that level of muscle unless they are into body-building or are hardcore into a sport that creates that kind of physique. Those videos and whatnot might hype the buns of steel, but few of us have that goal when we follow the programs and know we probably would never manage it even if we wanted to. But the programs are good to build some muscle and keep the extra flab away.

Chock another one down for toned, rather than the more masculinized cut. I have no interest in cracking walnuts with my butt cheeks.
  • Author

Well, TBF, after what you've just done, do go into it too hard for a while.:bunny::bunny::) My neighbor lady as an ass so small , she looks like a teenage boy, I think it looks weird.

threebyfate

I am taking it easy, just doing some yoga, no pilates yet and taking long walks. It's good to feel my body coming back although it will take quite a bit more time to get close to pre-pregnancy condition. No nips and tucks for me. Just good ol' fashioned sweat and pain. :)

• Author

That's the only real way to do it. I box, and lift, but mostly just run. No Marathon's, mind you, just a 3 or 4 k, every other day.

LucreziaBorgia

I have a round soft backside, and when someone grabs it, it is nice and soft. But.. at work, I do a lot of lifting and squatting to move heavy stuff around. and have for years, so when I actually flex my butt on purpose, it is rock hard under a fairly thin layer of soft cushioning.

I don't know that a woman wants a butt like a man necessarily, but a softly padded 'buns of steel' would tend to sag less I would think. Maybe its the anti-sag factor.

LOL, I have this very conversation with female friends. The current trend seem to be towards men liking fat, bubble butts. I think this started and was propagated from black culture and recently adapted to the mainstream.. as has been the cool thing to do for many decades (mainstream assimilating components of black culture they view as cool.

Funny I thought that was the look, the bubble, that steel buns crowd were after. Not fat but protruding. Using muscle to compensate for the biological advantage West African heritage gives in this one factor of attractiveness.

• Author

I'm very attracted to "bubble butts", what I was talking about is the narrow, flat asses that fashion models and women athletes have. Like oriental women's asses, or boys. I want a woman to look and feel like one.;)

I normally prefer a women with a round butt but my gf is pretty small in that area and it doesn't bother me at all. It really is the person and not the packaging.:eek:

• Author

I respect your opinion, Yamahopper, but I do want the "packaging", to be soft and cuddly.:D:D

I respect your opinion, Yamahopper, but I do want the "packaging", to be soft and cuddly.:D:D

Believe me, I never would have believed I would be attracted to someone without a bubble butt. She does have 36D's so I guess that helps.:laugh: