Anybody have experience with hCG*?

BlueeyedJonesy

Anyone have experience with this?

It is an injection you get once a week. The same hormone you produce while pregnant..yet it can be used by men and women.

Its getting alot more popular here where I live. I know a handful of people who have lost weight with it and kept it off..

What do you guys think...

Please don't take anything that isn't FDA-licensed for the loss of weight. Plenty of products WORK, but with unacceptable side effects, some very serious ones that you won't even know about because they won't manifest until much later on, because there wasn't appropriate testing to indicate that it's safe. It's really not worth the risk.

• Author
BlueeyedJonesy

I'm not taking it. I'm looking for someone who has and what it did for them...

I know that Hcg is often used by males in conjunction with anabolic steroids to help keep the body producing natural testosterone.

Hcg is a hormone, and like any other hormone product, you need to do your homework on all of the potential benefits and side affects. Hormone supplements can have extremely potent effects on the body. These effects can be positive or negative depending on a lot of different factors.

Before you go for this treatment, do a Google search. There are hundreds of sites about hCG and a lot of them list some serious risks associated with it.

bananalaffytaffy

I did the "Weight Loss Cure" from Kevin Trudeau's book. I ordered the HCG from a canadian pharmacy. The injection was daily, but sub-q (in the skin, not muscle), like when a diabetic injects insulin. It does help you to not be hungry, so that you can adhere to the severely restricted calorie diet. I had gained about 25 lbs due to a medical issue. It did help me lose the weight relatively quickly, but I have gained 8 pounds back. I can not for the life of me get those 8 pounds off.

There is a Yahoo Group on the HCG diet. They have a lot of helpful info if you want to look into it more.

Best wishes,

BLT

The down side of using something to alter the way your body reacts to caloric intake and burn is that is not a natural state for your body to be in.

Try finding something that you can conceive of doing forever because if you can't you have no reason to expect your body to continue how it was under that condition after you've stopped.

And it isn't just about taking something. Even altering your diet or level of exercise can do it. My mother gained a lot of weight with my brother and stopped eating her normal caloric intake to starve it off of her after he was born. Now her body expects to maintain itself on that calorie amount. He is 29 and she has remained looking the way she did right after having him to this day. If she indulges, she gains weight. If she watches her intake, it just stays static. Nothing gets it off her because there is no way for her to survive on an even lower calorie intake. Sucks. Can you see yourself never eating pasta or bread, let alone the rare dessert forever just to stay at the same weight you're unhappy with?

My grandmother had 4 kids, and even though she is older, she is trimmer than my mother. I gained 65 lbs with my son and from watching my mother's struggles, I just waited it out to see if my body would lean itself. It did. I will not even attempt a diet I cannot stick to indefinitely because I don't want to deal with my mother's problem.

The down side of using something to alter the way your body reacts to caloric intake and burn is that is not a natural state for your body to be in.

Try finding something that you can conceive of doing forever because if you can't you have no reason to expect your body to continue how it was under that condition after you've stopped.

And it isn't just about taking something. Even altering your diet or level of exercise can do it. My mother gained a lot of weight with my brother and stopped eating her normal caloric intake to starve it off of her after he was born. Now her body expects to maintain itself on that calorie amount. He is 29 and she has remained looking the way she did right after having him to this day. If she indulges, she gains weight. If she watches her intake, it just stays static. Nothing gets it off her because there is no way for her to survive on an even lower calorie intake. Sucks. Can you see yourself never eating pasta or bread, let alone the rare dessert forever just to stay at the same weight you're unhappy with?

My grandmother had 4 kids, and even though she is older, she is trimmer than my mother. I gained 65 lbs with my son and from watching my mother's struggles, I just waited it out to see if my body would lean itself. It did. I will not even attempt a diet I cannot stick to indefinitely because I don't want to deal with my mother's problem.

Truer word never spoken.

This is the reason why I work out regularly. I don't really want to be in the situation where I have to starve in order to maintain my body.

OP, you are only 23 right? I hope you don't attempt this. I think doing something like this will alter your metabolism and it will be hard for your body to go back to the natural state.

• Author
BlueeyedJonesy

Thanks for all of your input guys! you raised some intresting points.

I am not going to do this..I was asking because alot of people I know are doing it and my mom called the other day asking if I think she should do it, she only has about 10lbs to lose and I told her no..the thought of giving myself an injection scares me.. I like the old fashion way:)