Girls what do i do about my dry skin

Girls my skin is all dry, white, flaky and itching from the cold weather. What should i put on it? Its worse around my tummy, hands, and calves. I'm itching it all the time, help

Girls my skin is all dry, white, flaky and itching from the cold weather. What should i put on it? Its worse around my tummy, hands, and calves. I'm itching it all the time, help

Cetaphil moisturizer is usually good. You can find it at most drug stores. It's cheap, but effective.

• Author

ok i'll try that. is vaseline intensive care lotion good too? i've heard its good

vaseline lotions never seem to work for me, because they don't penetrate the dry skin – but their petroleum jelly works wonders if you smear some on right after getting out of the shower, then wiping the excess off with a damp wash cloth.

another favorite is Johnson's baby lotion, they make a "grown-up" one that's got olive leaf oil in it, and it's not too greasy though it's really good at penetrating dry skin and leaving it soft.

other really good one that my nephew the soldier requested while in Iraq is the Gold Bond ultimate healing lotion that comes in a tube. Very rich, sinks into skin immediately and not greasy. I think I'd recommend you try this first, I think you'll like how it works.

Drink more water, less alcohol.

Quit smoking.

Exercise.

Eat better.

Use a milder soap.

Exfoliate.

Moisturize.

Don't use vaseline. If you want to use something natural, use olive oil, shea and/or cocoa butter.

• Author
Drink more water, less alcohol.

Quit smoking.

Exercise.

Eat better.

lets not get hasty now TBF :lmao:

• Author
A good body lotion, one that says "for extra dry skin" on the bottle.

yea i think i'm gonna run out to the drug store and procure one of these products, this skin is killling me

Body butter is good too.

i put that on my bagels

I second TBF's suggestions.

Smoking is the worst thing for your skin.

My partner suffers badly from eczema on his shins, and smokes a lot.... It's stress, you know.... but I advised him to stop smoking - or at least, cut down....

Within three days, his skin improved. He's also drinking more water.....

'Hasty' be damned. Look after your body!

Spare parts or surgery, are the less favourable options!!

I use Eucerin. I apply it before I get out of the shower. It must work, because people often compliment me by remarking on how much my face reminds them of a baby's ass.

• Author
I use Eucerin. I apply it before I get out of the shower. It must work, because people often compliment me by remarking on how much my face reminds them of a baby's ass.

i don't know if i trust mens recommendations on creams and lotions and stuff like that

What... the feel, or the smell...? ;):p

i don't know if i trust mens recommendations on creams and lotions and stuff like that

When have I ever led you astray?

What... the feel, or the smell...? ;):p

It could be the shape. I don't ask.

It could be the shape. I don't ask.

Oh yeah, good point, I forgot that.

two cheeks with a hole in the middle that gives out gas and crap.

I can see the resemblance, now...

"TM, that's just rude and uncalled for!"

"I know, but I'm only kidding......!" :o

"Yeh well you'd better hope Hot Carl sees the joke!"

"Well......shucks, he started it......."

ahhh i feel like a new man

Got anyone in mind...?:confused:

Hot Carl, I wouldn't turn your back on him, if I were you.....;)

Am texting so may some typos.. First I am a dermatologist, so this is the latest resarch. You need to get CereVe. Lotion. There is a cream for on top but the LOTION is the main treatment. Will say more when I am on a real computer.

i have this problem all year round, and i've had it all my life.

I use a three step procedure which is the only thing i've found in all my life that works for me.

Firstly, when you shower or bath, use a very gentle scrub shower gel, it is the flaking skin that makes you itch so you need to remove it, but be very gentle, its a circular motion, dont rub yourself raw!!

Then, after that, wash the problem areas using an emolient lotion. I use E45 emolient lotion.

Its a wash cream, but it doesnt lather, it creates a barrier to stop you drying out so quickly.

when you get out of the shower or bath, pat yourself dry, dont rub your skin.

Then apply a moisturiser specifically for problem dry/sensitive skin.

i guarantee this will definately sort you out. :)