Women with curves are attractive and desirable

Call me overweight call me curvy, at this point I really don't care I love my body even though I am always in battle with loosing weight and always trying to tone up and trying to improve myself a little bit at a time.... I have a stomach that I want to just go away however still does not stop me from living my life having pride in myself and knowing that I am attractive inside and out...

These women are curvey and beautifull and HOT so men who like extremely skinny women GOOD FOR YOU they are HOT as well however they are not the end all and be all of oooo laaa laaa....

I would like to show sume current pics of women who are curvey and hot

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2009/09/11/successful-plus-size-models

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2009/09/11/kate-dillon?slide=7

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/l/fiercee_awards_2_280308/toccara_elaine_jones_5109947.jpg

http://www.becki-informator.at/bilder/dnevno/02-03/2/MiaTyler.jpg

and here is another one

http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/2009/10/supermodels-who-arent-superthin?mbid=synd_fox_news#slide=8

Edited by pricillia

Steven Tyler's girls are classically beautiful, IMO ... and I'd kill for that bra Mia is wearing, I want my boobs to do that!

I'm not sure why people are so aghast at the idea of a woman who isn't stick thin being considered attractive. To me, a real woman has meat on her, not so thin that you can see her skeleton :sick:

While I don't agree with the idea of changing our view of beauty to include true obesity, it is important to recognize all the different shapes and sizes that fall within a healthy weight and BMI. Women who fall in these parameters still get viewed and treated poorly due to society's very small scope of standard beauty. The standard if different depending on where you go, but your average fashion model, while thin, is not a healthy body ideal. AT ALL. Being underweight puts you at risk to illness, and hinders your ability to focus, learn, and protect yourself in a dangerous situation.

I have known a couple of women that, even if they only consumed 500 calories a day, would still be seen as bigger girls. They just ARE. Once you've grown to be a 6 foot or taller woman with a proportional bust and hip line, you will never be seen as thin. And that is really sad. One had, because she was always thought of as fat, had just let herself get actually fat. Once she bought a bike, she easily met a normal BMI and was ht/wt proportional. She was healthy but still couldn't find a date. After a couple of years, she gave up, stopped riding and just got fat again. She has since declared herself a lesbian.

The other has a prettier face and gets more attention. She still is viewed as a big girl. She has fake confidence and sleeps with any guy who pays her attention because it is what she has grown to think she has to do to keep them around.

If we could get to where women like this are accepted, I'm betting we would see more of them having a healthy attitude and making healthier choices.

• Author

S4S well said..

looks are important but not everything, what about personality, compassion, your likes, dislikes ect... I mean are we talking about f**cking or actually having a relationship with someone. As you said who would want someone that slept around if your actually wanting to build something...

• Author
I think women can be beautiful at any size. But I don't agree that all the linked women are curvy.

ok then not the ideal....but still attractive

I know men are visual, however aren't men attracted to other things as well?

I agree that all the women linked can be viewed as attractive, since attraction is subjective.

Some men are attracted to a woman's internals, some men aren't. The secret is to differentiate between the two and to appreciate the former.

Having said all that, there are women in your links that I feel, need to lose some weight. And no, it has nothing to do with ideal sizes like 0, 2. It has to do with health. Most of the women linked are in their early to mid-twenties. So what happens when they hit their thirties and older and it's much more difficult to maintain their weight? What happens when they have children?

Edited by threebyfate
  • Author

Then you would definately consider me over weight and a picture vs. in person can not compare to the level of attractiveness that you feel when you are near a person, I belive in soul connections.

OK I went to a sporting event the other night there was this girl there who was attractive WITH HER MOUTH CLOSED... she had a attractive face and an attractive body but when she spoke she was a beast..rude crude and just verbally abusive plus she was hitting all of her friends and she was no young girl... give me a break but if you saw a pic of her vs. a pic a a girl that was equally attractive but a little overweight... would you pick the girl that weighed less?

How about getting to know who the person is first...

As far as health reasons over weight men and women are prone to more health problems true however, your telling me you wouldn't appreciate a woman who was kind loving personable sassy just because she could loose a few pounds...

Then you would definately consider me over weight and a picture vs. in person can not compare to the level of attractiveness that you feel when you are near a person, I belive in soul connections.

OK I went to a sporting event the other night there was this girl there who was attractive WITH HER MOUTH CLOSED... she had a attractive face and an attractive body but when she spoke she was a beast..rude crude and just verbally abusive plus she was hitting all of her friends and she was no young girl... give me a break but if you saw a pic of her vs. a pic a a girl that was equally attractive but a little overweight... would you pick the girl that weighed less?

How about getting to know who the person is first...

As far as health reasons over weight men and women are prone to more health problems true however, your telling me you wouldn't appreciate a woman who was kind loving personable sassy just because she could loose a few pounds...

Take a look at my location, pricillia. I reject ALL women, since I'm hetero-sexual and now, married. :laugh:

Not once did I say that attraction should be purely physical. But I do believe, and this is coming from a pregnant woman who's now put on an additional 6 lbs from pregnancy, that health should be tantamount in everyone's mind. With physical fitness, comes benefits to emotional health.

• Author
Take a look at my location, pricillia. I reject ALL women, since I'm hetero-sexual and now, married. :laugh:

Not once did I say that attraction should be purely physical. But I do believe, and this is coming from a pregnant woman who's now put on an additional 6 lbs from pregnancy, that health should be tantamount in everyone's mind. With physical fitness, comes benefits to emotional health.

lol... yes your right when I work out I feel amazing... and have toned up but still need to loose my stomach.. maybe I am holding on to old emotional issues, who knows...

but sometimes I feel that when men say that they won't date a woman who is overweight it is a excuse for his lack of confidence ect... I mean how attractive are these men anyway who is to say that they would be desired?

Edited by pricillia

Personally, I think some of those women are just overweight and not curvy. I always think of curvy as having a pronounced waist to hip differential, and some of those women do not.

That said, I won't deny that women of different sizes are considered beautiful by different people.

• Like 1
but sometimes I feel that when men say that they won't date a woman who is overweight it is a excuse for his lack of confidence ect... I mean how attractive are these men anyway who is to say that they would be desired?
What I've noticed is that many men who are looking for physical perfection in women, are compensating for their own lack of physical perfection.

Plenty of men like bigger women. Some men like women who are objectively fat using BMI as a measurement. Find a man who is attracted to YOU. Some men don't care that much about looks and react much more to personality.

My only other advice is to be honest in a LTR. If you realize you may gain weight over time be honest with your partner and make sure they understand what to expect. There are plenty of men who will just tell you - their love has nothing to do with your size. Date them. Marry one of them.

Plenty of men like bigger women. Some men like women who are objectively fat using BMI as a measurement. Find a man who is attracted to YOU. Some men don't care that much about looks and react much more to personality.

My only other advice is to be honest in a LTR. If you realize you may gain weight over time be honest with your partner and make sure they understand what to expect. There are plenty of men who will just tell you - their love has nothing to do with your size. Date them. Marry one of them.

One could even suggest that the inability to accept fluctuation and change in physical appearance over time, isn't the marrying kind at all. Vows cannot dependably be made by people who cannot accept change. No matter what body types they prefer at the start........

What I've noticed is that many men who are looking for physical perfection in women, are compensating for their own lack of physical perfection.

It can also be an entitlement thing, irrespective of the guy's own attractiveness. Some guys choose mates by how well they reflect on themselves. They have the mentality "Well don't I deserve a woman who is perfect looking?" It's like shopping for a car or house. It's all wrapped up in ego, and not really about looking for somebody who is necessarily the most compatible.

These are the same type of men who mostly surround themselves with friends of a certain status or attractiveness level. People are accessories to them. Deep down it's based in insecurity.

Edited by shadowplay

Attraction isn't open-ended. It's more reasonable to put a cap on expectations. If you double your weight in 10 years, no one can be expected to consider this attractive, since this isn't just about the physical anymore. It also encompasses emotional issues.

So if a woman is in the obese category, when she's in her twenties. By the time she hits her forties, assuming she's had a couple of kids in the process, what size will she be? What will her emotional and physical state be like, if she's added another 100 lbs?

Better to nip this process in the bud, as young as possible, so her focus is on health, rather than looking good. If people are staying in shape only to look good, you can bet that they won't be committed to exercise, when there's no longer a need to attract a mate.

Better to nip this process in the bud, as young as possible, so her focus is on health, rather than looking good. If people are staying in shape only to look good, you can bet that they won't be committed to exercise, when there's no longer a need to attract a mate.

Do you mean there is no need for them to exercise once they are in a relationship?

Or do you mean that there is no need for them to exercise when they are single and don't expect to find a mate?

Do you mean there is no need for them to exercise once they are in a relationship?

Or do you mean that there is no need for them to exercise when they are single and don't expect to find a mate?

Both are self-defeating when viewing it from a physical and emotional health perspective.
Both are self-defeating when viewing it from a physical and emotional health perspective.

True, but the thought pattern behind it is entirely different.

I think there was an extra comma in that last sentence that made it so it could be interpreted two ways. The correct way to interpret it was obvious.

I'd say most women who are big wouldn't necessarily look better if they got down to the stereotypical thin-woman BMI. They might be healthier though, and that's reason enough to lose some weight. Whether they are attractive or not is in the eye of the beholder.

If we're witnessing a big-girl movement where they are trying to become outspoken and proclaim their beauty to us all, I'd like to say good luck, because no matter what you say or do, your beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder.

whimsical_memory
I think there was an extra comma in that last sentence that made it so it could be interpreted two ways. The correct way to interpret it was obvious.

I'd say most women who are big wouldn't necessarily look better if they got down to the stereotypical thin-woman BMI. They might be healthier though, and that's reason enough to lose some weight. Whether they are attractive or not is in the eye of the beholder.

If we're witnessing a big-girl movement where they are trying to become outspoken and proclaim their beauty to us all, I'd like to say good luck, because no matter what you say or do, your beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder.

This is statement is true, whether the person in question is 5'8 110 lbs or 4'2 394 lbs.

S4S,

I often find your posts to be insightful. So answer a question that no one else seems willing to respond to.

How is indifference to fitness/weight gain different then ignoring other factors which effect your raw physical attractiveness such as:

- Non weight/fitness visual grooming

- hair

- clothing

- Smell

- eating stuff gives you bad breath

- not brushing teeth often enough

- not showering bathing often enough

- passing gas in closed spaces

- Touch

- not cleaning your hands/fingernails

- Sound

- passing gas in open spaces or worse

- in open spaces while socializing with friends

- burping loudly

Because if I was highly careful about all these other factors until marriage and THEN proceeded to gradually become more indifferent to all these other areas of raw physicality, I genuinely believe the average partner would slowly lost their desire for me.

One could even suggest that the inability to accept fluctuation and change in physical appearance over time, isn't the marrying kind at all. Vows cannot dependably be made by people who cannot accept change. No matter what body types they prefer at the start........
True, but the thought pattern behind it is entirely different.
Agreed and yet, getting into shape is possible for everyone. It just takes dedication to getting healthy. People should want to do it for themselves.
S4S,

I often find your posts to be insightful. So answer a question that no one else seems willing to respond to.

How is indifference to fitness/weight gain different then ignoring other factors which effect your raw physical attractiveness such as:

- Non weight/fitness visual grooming

- hair

- clothing

- Smell

- eating stuff gives you bad breath

- not brushing teeth often enough

- not showering bathing often enough

- passing gas in closed spaces

- Touch

- not cleaning your hands/fingernails

- Sound

- passing gas in open spaces or worse

- in open spaces while socializing with friends

- burping loudly

Because if I was highly careful about all these other factors until marriage and THEN proceeded to gradually become more indifferent to all these other areas of raw physicality, I genuinely believe the average partner would slowly lost their desire for me.

It seems as though for vows to mean anything, they have to be seriously considered. We have gotten to a place where nothing can be counted on in any agreement between people. It is hard to know where that line between lacking fortitude and being held captive by our promises really is.

I guess I define it by looking at what is naturally expected to happen with the process of aging and being alive and what is just a sign of despondency. People will look, smell, sound and feel bad depending on many different factors that cannot always be so easily controlled or immediately remedied. While I can agree that a flatulent person might not appeal to me, I am more than able to accept that my partner might be flatulent at less than desirable moments while not being permanently flatulent for the entirety of our marriage. This applies to all manner of grooming. Just go real rugged camping for a week or two. If you can't see what I mean then I'm at a loss for explanation. :laugh:

Even if someone were immaculately groomed until married, I'm sure there could be occasions later in life where they might not always be so even if they wanted to. If a person cannot accept that, they might not be up to anything as serious as till death do they part vows. Perhaps that is why the divorce rate keeps going up. We grow in our ability to maintain our hygiene while shrinking in our ability to tolerate anything as naturally icky as mammals are capable of being. :)

People are gross and smelly. If you can't get with that you probably shouldn't pledge your life to one.