i have a question for you bout omega 3

i thought that since you were giving joe such good info on exercise and diet that maybe you could answer a question for me:

i am starting to eat better to go along with my exercising, i started taking omega 3 fatty oil, and i

hate the taste so i mix it with something that wont

be so bad that way.

i dont cook it or anything, but i'm wondering if i may

be losing some nutritional value or anything by mixing

it with food? my guy just drinks it straight from the bottle! yuck!

also about carbs:

i bought some whole wheat bagels that have:

250 calories

52 carbs 9 fiber

12 protein

he says this is too much protein, i say the high

fiber cancels out the high carbs?

what do you think?

thank you for any advice on this. Crystal

I ALSO HAVE flax seed oil softgels they are 1000 MG'S

the oil is 8 GRAMS

it says to take 2 softgels a day but that does not

equal to 8 grams.

i don't know how to do the math on this. do you know how much 1000 mgs would equal 8 grams?

or, do you think that the recommended 1000 2 x a day is enough in that form?

thank you again, Crystal

i thought that since you were giving joe such good info on exercise and diet that maybe you could answer a question for me: i am starting to eat better to go along with my exercising, i started taking omega 3 fatty oil, and i hate the taste so i mix it with something that wont be so bad that way. i dont cook it or anything, but i'm wondering if i may be losing some nutritional value or anything by mixing it with food? my guy just drinks it straight from the bottle! yuck! also about carbs: i bought some whole wheat bagels that have:

250 calories 52 carbs 9 fiber 12 protein he says this is too much protein, i say the high fiber cancels out the high carbs? what do you think? thank you for any advice on this. Crystal

I ALSO HAVE flax seed oil softgels they are 1000 MG'S the oil is 8 GRAMS it says to take 2 softgels a day but that does not equal to 8 grams. i don't know how to do the math on this. do you know how much 1000 mgs would equal 8 grams?

or, do you think that the recommended 1000 2 x a day is enough in that form? thank you again, Crystal

I see no problem with what you are doing. The bagels are pretty heavy in carbs. Make sure you exercise a lot.

You don't need to buy a lot of crazy stuff from the health food store to have a good diet. Just eat sensibly, avoid fats, sugars, etc. and eat lots of fruits and veggies. Very easy on the deserts.

You'll do fine.

thank you tony! the only thing i'm buying from the store is the flax oil. i'm also thinking of trying some evening prim rose oil to help with these hot flashes that keep me up all night. they are making me so miserable during the day for lack of sleep.

a book i'm reading now called "the change before the change" says that flax seed oil and evening prim rose oil may help with hot flashes.

i've tried black cohosh and it gave me horrible headaches, so now i'm down to the flax oil and the EPO and vitamin E and other vitamins.

i exercise six days a week doing cardio and weight training but lately have not been able to exercise much from the flashes, they make me so irritable and even more hot when trying to work out, so i'm desperte to try anything!

i eat the big carbo bagel only for breakfast with some grape jelly to give me the energy for my workouts, the rest of the day i try to lay low on them so i don't become insulin dependent, that's all i need on top of everything else!

thank you for the advice, much appreciate it!

I see no problem with what you are doing. The bagels are pretty heavy in carbs. Make sure you exercise a lot. You don't need to buy a lot of crazy stuff from the health food store to have a good diet. Just eat sensibly, avoid fats, sugars, etc. and eat lots of fruits and veggies. Very easy on the deserts. You'll do fine.