hi_baby039

I'm a 36b. But somehow I feel inadequate. You know I'm not overweight but there's still some weight to lose until I'm in optimal shape (so I'll probably lose some, as I've lost some already). I have very wide hips, which I like since I have a much smaller waist (my waist to hip ratio is of 0.71 something like that, which is good).

But my breasts look weird and small considering I'm kind of tall and have more of a medium frame. People always say that we should look at Keira Knightley or Kate Hudson but their breasts suit their bodies because they're willowy and small framed. I'm not. I'm naturally thicker so I look weird.

How can I stop feeling inadequate? I'd never get implants because while I'd only like to be a full cup larger (a full C, so it wouldn't necessarily look fake), I really FEAR the consequences it could have. Leaking, some autoimmune disease, problems detecting breast cancer or in the lamest case, bad looking results.

I just see so many girls around me, who're my age that have natural big breasts, on tinier frames than mine, who're thin and curvy in all the right places. Plus, in my country (I'm from South America) and especially in my town, plastic surgery isn't common (i.e. there aren't plastic surgeons in my town, you have to go to a bigger city and it's really expensive). So yeah, I know those girls' boobs are real. I just feel inadequate about my body, especially my breasts.

1. get a good bra that lifts and creates cleavage. Being a smaller cup size, the wonderful thing is that you've got a fantastic array of choices (and I think I envy you, I'm on the other end of the spectrum: Heavy with large mammaries. Blech)

2. find clothes that flatter YOUR figure, don't let some skinny-butt fashionista dictate what you should wear. Those aren't real women, they're breathing mannequins who have an unhealthy body image. You've got lovely curves, use them to your advantage.

DoratheExplorer

i know exactly how you feel....i am in the same boat. as you except i am a 34b, and i hate it. i have thought about plastic surgery but its to expensive and just not for me......what i have done though is gone to a store such as walmart, shopko, or target gone it to there bra section and found first of all a bra that has alittle more padding than the rest to give me the look of being fuller. if that does help make you feel larger then get some of the gel incerts they really help.

CandyGirlXO

I actually did get implants but before I had implants I wore bras from Victoria's Secret the Very Sexy line, and they have so much shape and padding in them that they made me look like a full C even WHEN I wasn't.

I am now and so far I have no regrets :)

Good luck

stoopid_guy

The most fascinating thing about breasts visually: The lovely variety of shapes and sizes they come in!

The greatest thing about breasts: How the lady reacts to carresses and kisses on them.

Don't worry about your size. Some guys don't care about it, and others actually prefer smaller.

I'm a 32E, which is a nightmare to fit. Part of me admits that I am totally envious of smaller-breasted women who have a lot more options interms of colors, styles, details, etc... Plus, "full figure" bras tend to be a lot more expensive. And have you ever tried finding a straples above a D cup?

I also have large hips and a small waist, so my breasts are proportional to my frame, but all of my clothes have to be altered. Generall, I am a size 6 to 8, but I have to buy size 10-14 and have the waists tailored down on my dresses and blouses.

Two of my students got breast implants last year, and they had very different outcomes. One went from an A to a C cup, and she finds that the eight of the implants is a little uncomfortable. When she lays down, she feels as though she has weights on her chest. The other student went from a B to a C cup without any issues.

Ironically, my cousin just had a reduction to go from a G to a C cup. She thinks that it is the best thing that she has ever done.

I'm a 36b. But somehow I feel inadequate. You know I'm not overweight but there's still some weight to lose until I'm in optimal shape (so I'll probably lose some, as I've lost some already). I have very wide hips, which I like since I have a much smaller waist (my waist to hip ratio is of 0.71 something like that, which is good).

But my breasts look weird and small considering I'm kind of tall and have more of a medium frame. People always say that we should look at Keira Knightley or Kate Hudson but their breasts suit their bodies because they're willowy and small framed. I'm not. I'm naturally thicker so I look weird.

How can I stop feeling inadequate? I'd never get implants because while I'd only like to be a full cup larger (a full C, so it wouldn't necessarily look fake), I really FEAR the consequences it could have. Leaking, some autoimmune disease, problems detecting breast cancer or in the lamest case, bad looking results.

I just see so many girls around me, who're my age that have natural big breasts, on tinier frames than mine, who're thin and curvy in all the right places. Plus, in my country (I'm from South America) and especially in my town, plastic surgery isn't common (i.e. there aren't plastic surgeons in my town, you have to go to a bigger city and it's really expensive). So yeah, I know those girls' boobs are real. I just feel inadequate about my body, especially my breasts.

Just a thought... Have you been professionally fit for a bra? Are you sure you are a 36b? I fit bras for my entire life- and 9 out of 10 women wear the wrong size... You could wear a 34c... or a 32d... all of which are the same grading in cup size. I am a 30D cup, but if you saw me you might guess I wear a 34b.

I ask this because getting the right bra size can make all the difference with your shape in clothes. When the band is super secure around your back and the cup fits right- you get an amazing uplift that makes your waist appear thinner.

The right bra might make a difference you know- you can push them up, pad them and make them look bigger... ALL of my clients that came into my store for a proper fitting for the first time walked out amazed.

If you haven't been professionally fit- I can tell you how to do so at home with a measuring tape. It makes a difference- I fit bras for 17 years...

electric_sheep

I agree with stoopid_guy.

The only breast surgery that I think is warranted is breast reduction surgery, in cases where someone is having actual difficulties (with their back, e.g.).

I think there are enough guys out there that don't equate bigger with better to make enhancement surgery more trouble than it's worth.

Star Gazer

To the dudes on this thread - it isn't all about YOU, dudes. This is about how she feels about herself. She wants to improve her appearance for herself, so that she feels comfortable in her own skin.

Like Candy, I have implants. I went from a 34B to a 34D. I have absolutely no regrets, but I do have to have suits and non-stretchy dresses tailored, which can be a pain.

Prior to implants, I too used the Super Sexy Deep-V Push Up line from VS. Worked wonders. It worked so well, in fact, that until I wore skimpy tops and a bikini in front of friends, they didn't even know I had gotten implants.

georgejungle

with respect to those who have gotten implants,

DON't GET IMPLANTS. Save your money! There are more

important things you could spend your money on.

Size doesn't matter. look at Rachel Ray, she has rather

small ones and is a little on the thick side. So what, I think

she looks fantastic!

electric_sheep

I think us "dudes" have good intentions. Perhaps we feel entitled to speak up because we feel partly to "blame". Of course, it is a personal decision.

I mean, the reason women feel the need to get breast implants, I assume, is because they believe it makes them more attractive. Same reason guys get calf implants. Certainly they don't serve any utilitarian purpose, do they? I won't deny that being more attractive in our society can be an advantage. We just want to let the OP know that though breast implants may make them more attractive to some, more and more guys have developed the sophistication required to not equate size with better. Breasts implants won't get you as far as they used to, because a lot of guys prefer shapely breasts over large breasts. Also, some men actually don't like breast implants. So, you may find yourself attracting more men in general, but you are turning away a few.

Another thing to consider is... though admittedly the population of men in general probably do prefer largish breasts, there are probably interesting demographics with regard to men and breast preference.

I'll take a stab at it:

Men who enjoy a wide range of breast sizes and shapes are probably:

highly educated

liberal

creative

read more

probably watch foreign movies

wine drinkers (or drink microbrewed beer)

free thinkers (they have successfully shed themselves of some of the societal baggage that weighs down everybody else. That is, they bucked the indoctrination process. No easy task.)

Prefer a more modern style relationship, without rigid gender roles.

Men who equate bigger with better probably are:

traditional

conservative

enjoy sports

like to hunt

beer drinkers

prefer traditional gender roles within a relationship

If you primarily want to attract guys in the latter category, breast implants are probably for you. If you want to attract guys in the former category, then you may want to reconsider.

stoopid_guy
Men who enjoy a wide range of breast sizes and shapes are probably:

highly educated

liberal

creative

read more

probably watch foreign movies

wine drinkers (or drink microbrewed beer)

free thinkers (they have successfully shed themselves of some of the societal baggage that weighs down everybody else. That is, they bucked the indoctrination process. No easy task.)

Prefer a more modern style relationship, without rigid gender roles.

Men who equate bigger with better probably are:

traditional

conservative

enjoy sports

like to hunt

beer drinkers

prefer traditional gender roles within a relationship

If you primarily want to attract guys in the latter category, breast implants are probably for you. If you want to attract guys in the former category, then you may want to reconsider.

Interesting, are you speaking from experience, or some kind of survey?

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, and do lean more toward the first list. In my experience, smaller breasts are more sensitive. That's why I prefer them. :bunny:

electric_sheep
Interesting, are you speaking from experience, or some kind of survey?

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, and do lean more toward the first list. In my experience, smaller breasts are more sensitive. That's why I prefer them. :bunny:

ehh... who needs a survey!

;)

I saw a shirt the other day that said... "Stereotypes: What a time saver!"

Stoopid guy, electric sheep, thanks for saying what you've said. When it comes from a woman, it sounds like she is trying to prove something.

I'm not big (34 A) and this works with the rest of me (5'7" lithe, athletic, build). I used to worry about the size of my breasts, and considered surgery, but the truth is, whenever I wear a bra that builds me up a cup size or so, I feel like I look sort of out of proportion. A little fat and matronly, actually.

Plus, there's the sensitivity issue. Mine are very, very sensitive, could fill in for other parts of me if I ever (God forbid) become wheelchair bound and dead from the waist down. Why would I mess around with that?

We are all so hard on ourselves, always judging and comparing, not just women (although I think we have it worse) but men, too. Let it go. There is probably someone looking at you and thinking, "Jeez, I wish I looked like that."

electric_sheep

My gf and I watched this documentary last night on BBC America called "My Huge Breasts", or something like that.

Anyway, it followed the lives of 3 different girls from the UK who were considering getting breast reduction surgery. These girls had ridiculous bra sizes... G, and K even, if I remember correctly. I think one was a 30G.

One girl had breasts which weighed 4 KG each.

Anyway, turns out my girlfriend is a 36A, and I think her breasts are perfect. I wouldn't mind if they were smaller even, to be honest. They are like perky little soldiers. I expect they will stay fairly perky for a long time to come, too, which is definitely a plus.