Well into chemo now, her hair was falling out badly.

She asked me to shave her head. All her lovely red blond her hair is gone now.

I felt the strangest feeling while doing it. An utterable sadness on one hand and a feeling of pride in her ability to a) ask me to do it and b) to stand with me and look in the mirror and laugh "Two baldies together now" she said, smiling.

She had purchased a hairpiece ( I hate the word 'wig' now for some reason ).

I have to say it looks quite good, like she has just had her own hair done, just a little darker.

I know she is suffering, but she is standing up to it well, its odd to think it is me that is struggling so hard with it all. I feel as though I am on my knees being whipped all the time.

I even feel guilty about feeling bad, thats an odd way to be.

Its not all bad news though. I got a double honours degree and was accepted straight away onto a masters degree course. You should have seen the joy and pride in her eyes when I came from the interview.

Priceless.

Hey, Wit. That's a great story. When she's gotten through all this, you and she will look back and think of this time as when you realized your love was so strong. I respect and envy you.

That was so sad and poignant - I cant even answer only to say that you are just the best for being so supportive!

She is a lucky lady!

LucreziaBorgia

I've been thinking about you guys. I hope she is doing ok. Rub her head softly and often. That feels so good on a baldy head. Get some light unscented lotion and rub that in for a head massage.

With time, I found the baldy head to be erotic - to be honest it was a weird turn on for my H.

Go hat shopping for funny hats. Take pictures. Buy outrageous scarves and try them all on.

I know she is suffering, but she is standing up to it well, its odd to think it is me that is struggling so hard with it all. I feel as though I am on my knees being whipped all the time.

Don't feel guilty or bad about this. It is normal and understandable. Just don't bottle it up. Rant, rage, write... but don't bottle it up. More than a few times it was me comforting my H! I felt guilty about him feeling bad. We got through it though. Talking, lots of talking.

Congratulations on your masters acceptance! That must have been a rush!

, its odd to think it is me that is struggling so hard with it all. I feel as though I am on my knees being whipped all the time.

That reminded me of an interview I saw years ago, with Sylvester Stallone talking about when his kid was undergoing surgery -- I don't recall those details. But Sly said, "I have never felt so powerless and helpless and utterly USELESS..."

So...hopefully it will be a small comfort to know that you are standing with some extraordinary heroes in the form of 'Rocky' and 'Rambo' made flesh, as it were :).

Like the other posters, I applaud you and your lovely lady, for your grace and courage...and the depth of love that you obviously share.

And I also congratulate you on your good news.

Well into chemo now, her hair was falling out badly.

She asked me to shave her head. All her lovely red blond her hair is gone now.

I felt the strangest feeling while doing it. An utterable sadness on one hand and a feeling of pride in her ability to a) ask me to do it and b) to stand with me and look in the mirror and laugh "Two baldies together now" she said, smiling.

She had purchased a hairpiece ( I hate the word 'wig' now for some reason ).

I have to say it looks quite good, like she has just had her own hair done, just a little darker.

I even feel guilty about feeling bad, thats an odd way to be.

Its not all bad news though. I got a double honours degree and was accepted straight away onto a masters degree course. You should have seen the joy and pride in her eyes when I came from the interview.

Priceless.

True love. Best of luck to you guys.:)

tanbark813

That's cool that she could joke about it. :)

Good luck with everything, man. :bunny:

Jake Barnes
Hey, Wit. That's a great story. When she's gotten through all this, you and she will look back and think of this time as when you realized your love was so strong. I respect and envy you.
yeah man i agree totally

i think the fact that you used the word envy shows a) you have a heart of gold and b) youve really come of age

whichwayisup

Congrats on your double honours degree and also on the masters degree course! That is wonderful (and well needed) news!

I commend your strength, even if at times you don't feel that way, I know how hard it is to keep a straight poker face and be the supportive one. Cancer is hard on everyone so don't belittle your feelings and fears.

PS Buy some body paint and paint eachothers heads, take pictures. My friend did this with her kids and they ended up painting her head black and drawing a white 8 on the black.

White Flower

You show strength, love and courage. She is very lucky to have you in her life. Congratulations on the double honors and good luck with the master's program.

• 2 weeks later...

Double from me!