It seems whenever I am sexually active my urine smells unusual and is cloudy. Sometimes its dark or cloudy or both. It goes away after awhile, but only if i abstain from sex.

The other odd thing is i get a pain in my back, but I wonder if its because my body isn't used to frequent sex?

Could this be because my new boyfriend has a bigger than average penis? This has never happened to me before and I feel a bit embarressed to see my doctor.

Trialbyfire

Ruby, why be embarrassed about going to see the doctor? Just gets some urine tests. It might be that you have the beginnings of a urinary tract infection. You don't want it to get worse.

You should never be embarrassed to see your doctor about things like this. It could be nothing- but why take that chance? You can't be sure that it isn't an STD or STI... and if that is the case, that is something you need to check out.

The only person that can diagnose your problem is a doctor.

I'd book an appointment and get things checked out to be safe. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

The pain in your back- is it a tingling at the base of your spine? Do you have other symptoms like itching or burning when you pee? It could be a urinary tract infection- it could be something else. I would just go and talk to your doctor. There is nothing to be embarrassed about.

I would definitely see a doctor, and there is no reason to be embarrassed whatsoever. It would be better to see a doctor sooner rather than waiting and seeing if it clears up because some types of infections will spread and make issues worse.

This link http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/urine-odor/cloudy-urine.htm suggests a few possible things that could be wrong.

The back pain could be related to an infection if you have one, or it could be as simple as the position you were in.

It sounds to me a lot like a kind of honeymooner's disease. A urinary tract infaction, which can lead to immense pain in the lower abdomen as well as in the back. It's nothing to worry about though and goes away quickly with the right antibiotics.

Go to the doctor and have a urine sample checked.