Antidote to too much caffeine?

Is there such a thing?

I had some really, really strong coffee yesterday morning, and I think it literally lasted all day AND night. I couldn't sleep. I'm having a cup right now... I'm hoping to avoid the same problem tonight.

Help?

Well, for starters, dump the coffee you have now..lol Then, drink alot of water, eat fruit, have a meal, and drink even more water, that will hopefully get rid of the caffeine in your system.

Good advice wwiu. It also helps to do some serious physical exercise, if you have some time to hit the gym or go for a run. Sweat it out.

Is there such a thing?

I had some really, really strong coffee yesterday morning, and I think it literally lasted all day AND night. I couldn't sleep. I'm having a cup right now... I'm hoping to avoid the same problem tonight.

Help?

This made me chuckle. :laugh: The best way as WWIU said, dump the coffee. If you must have coffee as I do, then make weaker coffee. If someone else is making the coffee, then fill your cup three quarters full with coffee and the rest with hot water.

BTW, coffee increases anxiety and nerves. It also has a let down that is similar to depression in some people.

Is there such a thing?

Help?

Didn't your bf come back or something?

You are probably all excited about your bf there and nothing to do with the coffee.

Ariadne

Maybe you could drink some really-strong decaf before bed. I would think that really-strong decaf would cause caffeine to exit your system. Sort of a reverse-osmosis kind of reaction.

• Author
BTW, coffee increases anxiety and nerves. It also has a let down that is similar to depression in some people.

Interesting........

Interesting........

I heard that same thing.

Coffee tastes nasty and it stains your teeth. I recommend WWIU's advice

Don't fight it, SG. Give in to the bitter majesty of it.

:bunny:

I agree with this. I think all people in the tech industry agree with this. :D

Ever since I switched to drinking coffee black, I can't drink it too strong. I like it light to medium, but I'll have 2 or 3 large mugs a day. If I am really tired, it doesn't matter if I drink a coffee late at night I will still be sleepy. But I guess if I overloaded it and made it real strong, it might keep me up.