LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management

Skipping swimming

Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management Staying fit and physically healthy is essential! Remember, we aren't subsitutes for your physician! As always, talk to your doctor before following any suggestions or advice!

Old 25th May 2007, 12:26 PM   #1
Established Member

Cool Skipping swimming

Hi all,

I usually swim every morning on weekdays (5 days) and when I visit my parents in NJ on the weekends, I ride my bike (2 days).

Now, this is Memorial Day weekend and I will not have access to the pool. I am planning to substitute bike riding for swimming on Monday. I am afraid of wasting all the work I have been doing on my chest and arms by not going swimming.

Should I be afraid?

What can I substitute?

To everyone, have a nice Memorial Day weekend!
nyc_transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 8:26 PM   #2

1 day isn't going to set you back too much. Its healthy to take a day to let your body recouperate from time to time. I know its hard, I work out 7 days a week myself and need to force myself to take a day off sometimes, but I can tell you from experience, you'll get right back onto that horse just fine.
Old 29th May 2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Established Member

Hi all,

I swam again this morning and I was fine. You were right.

It's just that I have been addicted to working out lately. It is so much more gratifying than women. Thanks again for the advice.

Anybody knows a work-out/fitness/diet specific community like LS?

Off to lunch...
nyc_transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2007, 7:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_transplant View Post
Hi all,

I swam again this morning and I was fine. You were right.

It's just that I have been addicted to working out lately. It is so much more gratifying than women. Thanks again for the advice.

Anybody knows a work-out/fitness/diet specific community like LS?

Off to lunch...
Glad to hear it worked out. Ironically, today is my day off but I may go do some cardio once I'm done with my errands

Check out the forums at www.bodybuilding.com They are pretty popular, highly trafficed, and have some great advice.

-un
Unbeleivable is offline   Reply With Quote