dieting and night shifts

Hi....I'm wondering...does anyone have ideas for dieting while working midnights?

I want to lose 20 pounds but I am finding it difficult with my schedule...

I would love and appreciate any suggestions...

P

Hi....I'm wondering...does anyone have ideas for dieting while working midnights?

I want to lose 20 pounds but I am finding it difficult with my schedule...

I would love and appreciate any suggestions...

P

I'd love to know too. I work midnight to 8, I eat breakfast and go staright to bed, and don't get up until suppertime. One of the reasons I hate the late shift.

First Step:

Dieting ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WORK. PERIOD.

That is if you're talking about Dieting in the "Eating less" sense - in that sense it does not work.

The trick is to speed up your metabolism, and keep it there. The ways to do this are:

1) Eat about 5 small meals a day - bring food with you to work and keep it somewhere where you can eat every couple of hours

2) Whenever you do have time, walk. Walking is the number one way to keep metabolism up and lose weight.

3) Do not eat anything less than 2 hours before you go to bed. If you go to sleep directly after eating, your body will immediately store everything you just ate as glucagon/fat.

4) Drink water. Cold water. Your body will expend energy to raise the water you drank to 98.6

Guidelines for eating:

1) Eliminate as much as you can / all Trans fat from your food intake. Same goes for Saturated fats as much as possible.

2) Toss anything that contains High Fructose Corn Syrup. Your body does NOT recognize this as glucose. It will break it down, however it will not trip the blood sugar regulation system in your body, it's just calories.

3) Fruits/Vegetables, Lean meats (Turkey/Chicken breast), fish, nuts.

4) Oatmeal is fantastic. It takes your body a while to break it down so it keeps you full for a long time, and moderates the speed at which sugar is released into your blood stream.

5) Don't be afraid to indulge sparingly. If you reeeeally want that candy bar or what have you, have it. But make wise decisions, don't do it all the time.

Finally, losing weight takes TIME. It is UNHEALTHY to lose more than about a pound and a half per week.

That's about it.. good luck.