pilates anyone? does it give positive results?

I have been obsessed with my figure since highschool. 4'11 and weighs 100 lbs. Is that fat?

All my friends tells me i am fat. But now as i think of it. i think i am not fat. and do believed that i am in the perfect shape and fitness. I do have the boobs and ass already when i was in highschool. and all my friends don't. They are all skinny. I thought that being skinny is sexy because i am not skinny like them that's why they tell i am fat.

That's why I started doing exercises and then stopping because i really don't like it and i get busy with school work or going out. from 105 lbs when i was 1st year college. when i graduated i am 130 lbs. already. it's due to exercising and stopping. when i stopped i got back the weight i lost twice.

This January I started Pilates. Any success stories? I will be going back to my home country this year to get married. So I want to be sexy for myself to be able to wear a nice dress on that day so that my groom won't be able to resist me. not that i am not irrisistable now for him. he does like my butt and my boobs.

Do pilates make your boobs and butt smaller? I want to lose my tummy my belly. and my big arms. I really like pilates i'm doing it 3x a week. then ill add a day every 2-3 weeks until i am doing it everyday.

If i get really positive results and loves that already. if i decrease the time that i do it. Will i gain weight again?

I have been obsessed with my figure since highschool. 4'11 and weighs 100 lbs. Is that fat?

NO YOU ARE NOT FAT

All my friends tells me i am fat. But now as i think of it. i think i am not fat. and do believed that i am in the perfect shape and fitness. I do have the boobs and ass already when i was in highschool. and all my friends don't. They are all skinny. I thought that being skinny is sexy because i am not skinny like them that's why they tell i am fat.

That's why I started doing exercises and then stopping because i really don't like it and i get busy with school work or going out. from 105 lbs when i was 1st year college. when i graduated i am 130 lbs. already. it's due to exercising and stopping. when i stopped i got back the weight i lost twice.

This January I started Pilates. Any success stories? I will be going back to my home country this year to get married. So I want to be sexy for myself to be able to wear a nice dress on that day so that my groom won't be able to resist me. not that i am not irrisistable now for him. he does like my butt and my boobs.

THE RESULTS IN PILATES IS SLOWER THAN DOING AEROBICS AND RESISTANCE EXERCISES. IT DOESNT MAKE YOUR BOOBS OR BUTT SMALLER BUT EVEN ENHANCES THEM

Do pilates make your boobs and butt smaller? I want to lose my tummy my belly. and my big arms. I really like pilates i'm doing it 3x a week. then ill add a day every 2-3 weeks until i am doing it everyday.

If i get really positive results and loves that already. if i decrease the time that i do it. Will i gain weight again?

Poderingfar, I think you missed something. OP was 4'11'' and 100 pounds in high school. She's now 130 pounds.

OP - you have a BMI of 26.3, indicating your weight is in the overweight category for adults of your height. I wouldn't call you "fat" - however, you and I weigh the same amount except I am about 6 inches taller than you and have a considerable amount of lean muscle from working out regularly.

Pilates will definitely help you tone, strengthen, and become more limber. I have found it particularly effective at strengthening and toning my core (midsection). However, in my experience, it will NOT burn fat.

In order to lose fat mass, you really need a combination of a healthy diet and cardiovascular exercise. Diet alone can do it, but the combination will get you leaner much more quickly, as well as provide a multitude of other health benefits.

I do Crunch Pilates. While I haven't been doing it for a long time, I already notice a difference. It may depend on what kind of Pilates you do. Crunch incorporates cardio and matwork. My mother also lost around 10-15 pounds doing it.

My older sister lost a ton of weight by watching her diet and doing pilates. I dunno. Maybe it does depend on what type of pilates you do, because I saw the results for myself.

She is VERY strict about her diet, though.

IMO the only way to burn body fat is to expend more calories than you take in. its simple maths really.

And the best way of expending calories is cardiovascular exercise where your heart rate goes up to 70% higher than your resting heart rate.(running,swimming, cycling, powerwalking). And reducing your calorie intake is easily achieved by eating a low fat, high fibre diet which is rich in fresh fruit and veg.

Pilates is great for building lean muscle and staying supple, but a combination of the two exercises works best for me, and thats what my dietician/ personal trainer friends say too.

I say don't stop doing pilates, but incorporate some CV inot your week, and take a look at what you are eating. Most people consume way more than they think they do.

The average woman needs about 2000 calories a day to maintain weight, so if you are trying to lose it, aim for about 1600 calories a day.

Most foods have the calorific info on a helpful panel on the package.

Good Luck, and I am sure you will look great on your wedding day!

• Author

I know that I am overweight now. that's why I started doing pilates. I just don't know what kind of pilates. I have an aerobics ball, exercise band and 2 toning balls.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I will take your advice seriously.

Cause now I just hate looking at myself in the mirror. It sucks. I feel like I am so ugly.

Is doing pilates the reason why I feel like my tummy is kinda tight now.

And it really sucks when you meet old friends and all they can say is that of my god your fat. (like as if they didn't tell me that when I am 30 lbs lighter)

It's good to know that i won't lose my assets in this work out.

Thank you so much!

Cause now I just hate looking at myself in the mirror. It sucks. I feel like I am so ugly.

Is doing pilates the reason why I feel like my tummy is kinda tight now.

And it really sucks when you meet old friends and all they can say is that of my god your fat. (like as if they didn't tell me that when I am 30 lbs lighter)

!

What great friends you have! They really say that? Ditch the friends!

You know, if you need extra support weight clubs and stuff really are helpful (weightwatchers etc) they are full of other people who are doing the same things as you, and can offer support, advice and tips.

OR joining a gym or walking club can give the same benefits- you will be surrounded by other people who you have something in common with, and who most likely WONT make nasty comments like your old friends have.

I can't believe your friends said that! That makes me mad.

Don't hate yourself when you look in the mirror- nobody is ugly. What about the person inside you who your fiancee loves??

And another tip- DON'T read celebrity magazines while you are trying to lose weight. I find that they just make me even more depressed about my figure, even tho they are NOT real people, and are styled, airbrushed, starved and well lit etc.

Poderingfar, I think you missed something. OP was 4'11'' and 100 pounds in high school. She's now 130 pound.

SG,

Sorry, I think I did miss something. I was referring to 4'11" 100 lbs. With that BMI, she is overweight and grossly they said that for every inch above 5 feet where ideal weight is 100 lbs for large built, you add 5 lbs so the 130 is for women with height of 5'6".

Speaking frm personal experience, I lost more weight with aerobics, I agree that pilates is more for toning and strengthening, posture correction and stuff like that. I think cardio workouts give faster results, though I have seen a friend who inspired me to try pilates and she did it for years, truly, her body is really stunning right now.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the combination of yoga/pilates works for me. It did give me better muscle tone, particularly with my core. It's very good for bringing back the more pronounced arch in your back. You'll find that if you aren't using proper posture to sit or stand, you'll feel it and automatically correct your posture.

My chiropractor recommended this combination when I threw my back out for the first time a couple of years ago. I haven't had a single problem since.