Addicted to my ex

It has been two years since we broke up. I have moved on since then and am with a very loving guy. My ex is still the same, still seperated and living with another guy friend (who happens to be gay). The problem is I can't get him out of my mind. I love my new bf, he is the kindest guy Ive ever dated, but I can't forget the sparks between my ex and I. I have talked to him once or twice since and he claims to still love me and want to see me again.

He says he never stopped missing me. He also says that he hasnt seen anyone since me. I think he is full of you know what! He is a very passionate and addictive type personality. I don't see him without female companionship for long. When i was involved with him our relationship was a rollacoaster. I tried to get rid of him so many times but was unsuccesful. He would almost like stalk me when I would try to break up with him.

There are a lot of good memories I have about him but also a lot of drained and down days because I knew he was full of blank! I knew he may even be seeing others, that he would never get a divorce, and that we would never live together. He would lead me on all the time like he was going to. He also drained me so much sometimes I got sick and would even consider popping pain killers to drown my anxiety. This is not a good man for me but why do I crave him so much, his intensity, masculinity, his wildness?

My current bf is so sweet, but not the "manly" type and I think i sometimes actually miss the aggressiveness of my ex, his determination, and his large build. I wish I could forget him.

confused6925
It has been two years since we broke up. I have moved on since then and am with a very loving guy. My ex is still the same, still seperated and living with another guy friend (who happens to be gay). The problem is I can't get him out of my mind. I love my new bf, he is the kindest guy Ive ever dated, but I can't forget the sparks between my ex and I. I have talked to him once or twice since and he claims to still love me and want to see me again.

He says he never stopped missing me. He also says that he hasnt seen anyone since me. I think he is full of you know what! He is a very passionate and addictive type personality. I don't see him without female companionship for long. When i was involved with him our relationship was a rollacoaster. I tried to get rid of him so many times but was unsuccesful. He would almost like stalk me when I would try to break up with him.

There are a lot of good memories I have about him but also a lot of drained and down days because I knew he was full of blank! I knew he may even be seeing others, that he would never get a divorce, and that we would never live together. He would lead me on all the time like he was going to. He also drained me so much sometimes I got sick and would even consider popping pain killers to drown my anxiety. This is not a good man for me but why do I crave him so much, his intensity, masculinity, his wildness?

My current bf is so sweet, but not the "manly" type and I think i sometimes actually miss the aggressiveness of my ex, his determination, and his large build. I wish I could forget him.

i know the exact feeling. i have an ex, who i think about all the time. i guess we had something special together. the part that sucks the most is i found out a couple of months ago, that he is still in love w/me. i try to think of why we broke up and it was because, he was always putting my second to friends, and ignoring me and dicking me over. granted that was years ago, and he probably matured, he was the one who screwed up. you need to accept what has been thrown your way, which is a good guy and enjoy him.