LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Addiction & Recovery

Addiction to cigarettes

Addiction & Recovery Recognizing, conquering, and coping with addictions, substance abuse & dependence.

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th December 2017, 12:13 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
How in the world did you do that??

I gained close to 40 and I'm short....5 foot 4 inches

I'm a big mush
I gained weight too but I was also going into menopause at the same time so it was a double whammy.
anika99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 12:16 PM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anika99 View Post
I gained weight too but I was also going into menopause at the same time so it was a double whammy.
I think me too with menopause! I keep counting the months between and I'm hoping it's happening!

So far I am up to four!!!
Old 3rd January 2018, 1:04 PM   #48
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriall View Post
How does one quit smoking? I've tried once and failed miserably I dont want to do this anymore..what are some tools i can use to quit smoking other than patches or nicotine gums?
My mother was a pack a day smoker for nearly ten years. Something she noticed was that while she was addicted to the nicotine, she was also addicted to having something constantly in her mouth. So she began to suck on sugar-free lifesaver candies. She used to suck on them all the time to help her fight the urge to put a cigarette in her mouth. The constant smoking triggered some sort of oral fixation, but once the oral fixation was alleviated by the lifesavers, she had a much easier time quitting smoking. Now shes been cigarette free for 8 years and once the cravings were dealt with, she got rid of the need to suck on the candy.

Maybe try putting something else in your mouth to replace the cigarette? IDK, it worked for her..

Good Luck.
Buriall and flooded like this.
xenawarriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2018, 2:20 PM   #49
Established Member

Just a quick update..I've failed yet again...i set another date to quit which is on my birthday in February..

Somehow I got to prepare myself mentally...the reason I failed this time I didn't prepare myself and had smokes laying around..would appreciate any tips on how I can prepare mentally...sorry I let you guys down