depressed of loneliness

i am a chain smoker and i started smoking out of a breakup that happened in my life.But i need a partner so much.but this smoking habbit making me repulsive from girls.i cant maintain conversations eith them,see them as a human being.istopped smoking by using nicorette gums but i know it wont last long as cravings come.i always wished if there was a girl who motivates me to auit smoking..yes i know i am depressed and i dont know anyonther ways to express this...

Try hypnosis. I heard it's a great way to stop smoking.

think of all the money you will save too.

• Like 1
i am a chain smoker and i started smoking out of a breakup that happened in my life.But i need a partner so much.but this smoking habbit making me repulsive from girls.i cant maintain conversations eith them,see them as a human being.istopped smoking by using nicorette gums but i know it wont last long as cravings come.i always wished if there was a girl who motivates me to auit smoking..yes i know i am depressed and i dont know anyonther ways to express this...

It really sounds like you're at a point where you're thinking about stopping and if you had the tools and a magic wand, would, but that you feel at the mercy of the craving right now and don't know what to do.

So it sounds like you started using cigarettes to feel better, and now you're needing them to feel better, to feel normal.

But it also sounds like you feel pretty ambivalent about using them. Like you feel like they make you repulsive to girls. And that you need a relationship.

And I'm wondering, when you say that, because usually when people have a habit like this that they feel like they can't break themselves, it is because their chosen substance, in your case cigarettes helps them feel better, helps them mood shift, I'm wondering if when you say that you need a partner so much and that smoking makes you repulsive to girls, that these thoughts lead you to feel bad, and then the cravings for the cigarettes kick in even more?

I also hear some really hopeful things in what you say, because you've already tried to stop by using Nicorette, and this tells me that you are really ready to investigate ways that you could change (quit) and really keep that change as a regular part of your life.

So it sounds like right now, maybe the first steps to making the change it sounds like you would if you could, instead of trying to quit cigarettes right now, would be to get screened and treated for depression, and maybe, if you'd be willing to continue the conversation we could talk about some things and see if we can look at the thoughts that you are having, the feelings they lead to, which triggers the cravings and the eventual use, and see if we can find ways to break the cycle?

Ruby Slippers
Try hypnosis. I heard it's a great way to stop smoking.

think of all the money you will save too.

Yes, a friend told me hypnosis helped him stop smoking (cold turkey, immediately after the session) when nothing else did.

• Like 1
curiouslysearching
Yes, a friend told me hypnosis helped him stop smoking (cold turkey, immediately after the session) when nothing else did.

why not just click your heels together and make it so?

curiouslysearching

I still think the girl wearing the Ruby Slippers can make it

happen.....

• 2 weeks later...
BadFrequency

The stop smoking campaign is one of the worst abuses of power ever.

You are the "normal" one my man. They, are the "wrong" ones.