Oxy....snorting it?!?! Any advice?!?! (This is NOT for me, scared for a friend).

I have a female friend who I've known since elementry school, we lost contact and then not so long ago met up again.........okay my question................

She uses Oxies (Oxy Contin sp?!?!) Anyway she uses the 10mg pills, crushes them and snorts about 1/4 of the pill. Now I'm not one to judge, her life is her life BUT I'm curious as to what are the side affects....anyone with experience in this? It makes me sad to see her when she does this or when she is about to do it.

When she uses it makes her "neutral" she says it doesn't make her high but she just feels "good" and "normal" :confused::confused::confused::confused:

How likely is this? I'm just curious because I've never known anyone who did this nor have I or nor will I ever try it. I care about her well being and wonder if I should talk to her about it?!?!

laRubiaBonita

well snorting anything just gets it into blood stream via your sinus passages....aka, super fast!

the bad part is that you are rushing a large amount of what ever to your brain very fast.

"normal" "nuetral" c'mon Barby....that is Crap straight from an addicts mouth....you believe it?

why was she taking them in the first place? they are very strictly monitored dosages, and it is harder to get oxy than a few years ago.

ps~ i get really itchy with meds with codine, i.e vicadon, percaset, oxy's....so i can not abuse them....well i can, but it pointless!

• Author
"normal" "nuetral" c'mon Barby....that is Crap straight from an addicts mouth....you believe it?

No I didn't think that was possible........I was/am concerned about her...that's why I posted this. She has never been an addict (that I know of) of anything else but she does seem really desperate and in despair/depressed when she is out. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I feel so bad for her, she claims she doesn't have a problem (I know she wouldn't admit it or doesn't reconize it herself)....but I've spoken to her mother who is planning a "sit down" with their family and my friend. I pray it helps her! :)

why was she taking them in the first place? they are very strictly monitored dosages, and it is harder to get oxy than a few years ago.

Honestly I have no idea, when I asked her why she took them and where she got them (ie a doctor or some side thing) she evaded the question, I know she won't answer me and I don't want to push her. :confused:

You can get oxycontin (oxycodone) from just about any doc. We give em out all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if they're sniffin em up. Buch of frickin addicts. :rolleyes:

they call it hillbilly heroin for a reason, it's one of the most addictive drugs on the market. It's synthetic morphine.

oxy pills have a $100 a pill street value here in CA.(so I'm told)

crushing it destroy's the time release qualities you'd get by swallowing the pill.

works great for pain management, I was on it for a week in the hospital.

but it's bad, bad, bad stuff to be playing with.

• 1 month later...
Yournumber1faggot

I've been snorting heroin for the past month or so.... I have also snorted Oxycotin in the past also. The effects they had on me could be described as neutral or normal. I become very affectionate, happy... and I have no physical or mental pain.

Moderation is the key.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I think the $hit is way bad. I have a friend who is now on it, he is avoiding everyone that cares about him to move in with his dealer. This stuff is way bad news and I don't know how to help. I have been doing research on this drug and as far as I can see there is nothing good about it. I spoke with a recovered addict and he lost everything and had to be forced into rehab before he got better. When he couldn't get oxy anymore then heroin was the next step. If they are hooked then it comes to the point like a heroin addict they need it in order to not feel sick. Why would something that is so obviously an addictive drug be so readily available. Doctor's these days only care about $ and not the well being of their patients.

It's to the point with my friend that I am thinking about writing his mother a letter to make her aware and hopefully she can take the corrective steps to get him the help he needs. If I could I would shove his ass into rehab, not that it would help because they have to want to change, but jeez what am I suppose to do, watch this person I love kill himself?

Yournumber1faggot I've been snorting heroin for the past month or so.... I have also snorted Oxycotin in the past also. The effects they had on me could be described as neutral or normal. I become very affectionate, happy... and I have no physical or mental pain.

Moderation is the key.

you've got to be kidding, there is no such thing as moderation with snorting oxy or heroin. You must've been high while writing that reply!!

All I can say from observation... watch out for oxy. I have know people that have taken many drugs whose names you could think of... and when they took oxy were freaked out by the strength.

laRubiaBonita
Originally posted by scared*shy

Why would something that is so obviously an addictive drug be so readily available.

nicotine, caffine.............. $$$$$$$$$$$

laRubiaBonita

nicotine, caffine.............. $$$$$$$$$$$

Are you kidding me? I have never heard of someone smoking a cigarette and then dying in their sleep from respiratory failure... or mixing a cup of coffee and a cigarette and dying from an OD. But your entitled to your very uninformed opinion.

Comparing apples and lets say elephants... :confused:

laRubiaBonita

laRubiaBonita

Are you kidding me? I have never heard of someone smoking a cigarette and then dying in their sleep from respiratory failure... or mixing a cup of coffee and a cigarette and dying from an OD. But your entitled to your very uninformed opinion.

Comparing apples and lets say elephants... :confused:

no. it is exactly the same.

and true, it is not an equal comparison in amounts needed of each substance to be lethal..... but a drug, is a drug, is a drug.

That is why this class of drug (oxy's class) is a Prescribed, supposedly controled substance.

it has nothing to with my opinion on the matter, as you mentioned....Pharmacuticals has turned more into a $$ making venture than that of prevention, care and cure.

no. it is exactly the same.

and true, it is not an equal comparison in amounts needed of each substance to be lethal..... but a drug, is a drug, is a drug.

That is why this class of drug (oxy's class) is a Prescribed, supposedly controled substance.

it has nothing to with my opinion on the matter, as you mentioned....Pharmacuticals has turned more into a $$ making venture than that of prevention, care and cure.

Yes Oxy is classified as a C-2, meaning it has a high potential for drug addiction. After researching this drug it's just unbelievable that it would be readily available in the first place... do doctor's prescribe heroin? That's what this drug is, synthetic heroin...

this drug gets people hooked quickly, and although you are absolutely right a drug is a drug is a drug... when you stop drinking coffee, what happens, maybe a headache and you crave it, do you get diarrhea, runny nose, goose bumbs, abdominal pain, nausea, sweating, dizziness, weakness, dry mouth have to take methadone in gradually decreasing amounts as to not get sick, these are just a few of things that I have learned...

sorry for ranting but this has just hit very close to home and I'm not sure the general public really understands the impact this drug has...

laRubiaBonita

Trust me Scared*shy, i am not trying to discount the problems those ABUSING the drug have, but it is not the drugs fault.

But, i know for a fact that you do not have to go there, and abuse the proper uses and intentions of this particular drug.

Really, then tell me why do you suppose Pfizer is going to mix the pill with salt so users cannot snort it anymore? Do you suppose it could be because they want money to continue making it AND they know that it's becoming a super big problem? Things that make you go hmmm... or at least they should!

What was wrong with all the other pain killers they have out on the market, Percadan is the same damn thing except w/o the Tylenol (guess that's not as fun to snort and get high with)... Did you know that they already took the 160MG off the market as it was too dangerous? Oh but it makes sense to leave the 10, 20, 40, and 80... Rrrrrright!

laRubiaBonita

Really, then tell me why do you suppose Pfizer is going to mix the pill with salt so users cannot snort it anymore? Do you suppose it could be because they want money to continue making it AND they know that it's becoming a super big problem? Things that make you go hmmm... or at least they should!

What was wrong with all the other pain killers they have out on the market, Percadan is the same damn thing except w/o the Tylenol (guess that's not as fun to snort and get high with)... Did you know that they already took the 160MG off the market as it was too dangerous? Oh but it makes sense to leave the 10, 20, 40, and 80... Rrrrrright!

maybe cause lawsuites are piling up....... which cost the companies more money and earn them discredit.

i am glad they are taking some steps to safe guard the public....i doubt that is the whole reasoning though.

and there are soo many pain meds, just like there are soo many induviduals with different criteria, and differant tolerances, and that may have other drug interactions.

UltimateZen

My father is prescribed oxy for his pain management. Without it he would be bedridden. Oxy very powerful and unless it is monitored by a physician then I can see how addictive they can be. However, the drug itself should not be at fault; only because it is one of many that can be used for pain management. Go after the losers who will take anything to get high....don't focus so much on the drug. It's like guns. Guns are BAD. But people kill people, not guns.

What about quaaludes... In the early 80s, the manufacture of quaaludes was ceased due to excessive abuse/recreational use. Do you think those should still be on the market?

laRubiaBonita

What about quaaludes... In the early 80s, the manufacture of quaaludes was ceased due to excessive abuse/recreational use. Do you think those should still be on the market?

but.......... they have replace them with another drug, with a different name, but still with the same qualities.

people TRY to OD on tylenol, asperin, nyquil.......... what IS the Point.

I read an article about how the newsmedia created the Oxycontin frenzy by pretending it was a popular street drug. Now, because of the article, it's a popular street drug.

It's a popular street drug, because people go Doctor Shopping and doctors seem to be more than willing to prescribe this dangerous drug without and exam, just call and fill your prescription... it's way easy to use, you always know what dosage your getting. I have heard from several x users, they loved it because of it's availability and that it was easier for them to get off heroin than this drug... whoa BIG RED FLASHING LIGHT.

It was just something I'd read, about how the media created the oxycontin craze.

One heroin dealer had never heard of the drug until people brought the article to him saying "Where can I get this stuff?"

Robberies of pharmacies and stuff, for the purpose of stealing oxycontin, went up tenfold.