Light it up...

Does any of you thing that smoke pot is a really bad thing? My dad told me that he rather see me smoke pot then drink! So, in Love Shack Land how many potheads do we got. Has pot lead to other drugs? Have any of you lost your significant other over it??

Last I heard, people who smoke a lot of pot end up with memory problems - and guys find their noodles get limp.

blind_otter

I actually took drank, then smoked cigarettes, then ate ecstasy, then did whippits, then did pot....it was like the 5th drug I tried, and I didn't try it for ages.

I still smoke occassionally. I like gettin' high, I am right nowwwwwww.

My exhusband is in federal prison for conspiracy to manufacture and distribute pot. :mad::rolleyes:

Just curious, BO, but wouldn't the booze and other chemicals wreak havoc with the drugs you're already on?

I don't smoke it or anything, but I probably need to.

But I can't, I've got bigger obligations.

I no longer do any drugs. Pot included. It made me so slowwww and soooo introverted. Couldn't go out.

But, alcohol, nicotine and caffeine are still in my life! Hmmm, maybe I do still do drugs!

• Author

I use too smoke pot alot.. meaning a few times a day then when I got my new job I just up and quit. I still smoke when I'm drunk though but I was just curious to how many people actually do smoke pot.

blind_otter
Originally posted by moimeme

Just curious, BO, but wouldn't the booze and other chemicals wreak havoc with the drugs you're already on?

That's why I don't do anything anymore :D

I do smoke pot occassionally, but if I lived in CA I would be able to get a 'script for marijuana, which acts as a muscle relaxer as part of its effects....I only take blood pressure meds and depakote for seizures, so I'm not taking like 5 different kinds of pills.

But back in the day, before I had epilepsy, I smoked non stop.

Originally posted by IhavenoFREAKINclue

I am one of the biggest stoners you will ever cross paths with.

+1 :D

I am one of the biggest stoners you will ever cross paths with.

lol, you haven't met my husband & his friends. But I smoke every night, it helps me relax but I don't like smoking during the day.

• Author

Glad to see I'm not the only one smokin pot in here. It does help you relax alot. I love it and will I stop NO

I don't smoke as much as I used to, I still have half a joint left over from 6 months ago, but when I learned that my workplace was becoming drug-free, it made me MAD! The powers that be only save like, 1% or 3% on workman's comp rates to become drug free, what business is it of YOURS if I want to smoke pot twice a year? Also, the new policy could keep me from being medically treated if I were injured on the job? Wtf? Now I really want to smoke it as a form of rebellion.

Sorry, I threw in a rant.

And on a drug addiction forum, no less.

I suck.

• Author

I know someone that let it take over there whole life. He could go for a day with out smoking. Until he got caught with an ounce at a mall. Then he was sentenced to go to NA and has to go to classes. So, it can really **** you up.

I've smoked for over 20 years and it has always helped me relax. Hardly ever in the day, just nice at the end of the day. I believe in moderation is the key to all aspects of life. I don't really enjoy booze and have seen more problems with friends that drink too much then smoke mary jane. Gateway drug? hummm, seems to me that you can find just about anything at a pub or bar, I think booze is the biggest gateway to them all. I have two young boys and I would also say the same, I would rather see them smoke MJ then drink or smoke (tobacco).

Del :p

You don't have to believe me, because I do not have the time go go backing up my claims with valid sources right now, but here is what I know to be true:

There are studies which suggest that chronic users of marijuana are at a higher risk to develop mental disorders. Smoking marijuana has the same, if not worse effects on one's lungs. Marijuana smoke contains more tar than do cigarettes. Users of marijuana often experience memory problems.

Pot has the potential to cause all sorts of problems. Cigarettes are bad, and alcohol can be horrible. For whatever highly debatable reasons (I'm sure the hippy pro-pot kids are all raging in this thread right now), marijuana is illegal. Marijuana being illegal should say something about the drug, I think.

I think what your father said is damned foolish.

IhavenoFREAKINclue
Originally posted by pseud

You don't have to believe me, because I do not have the time go go backing up my claims with valid sources right now, but here is what I know to be true:

There are studies which suggest that chronic users of marijuana are at a higher risk to develop mental disorders. Smoking marijuana has the same, if not worse effects on one's lungs. Marijuana smoke contains more tar than do cigarettes. Users of marijuana often experience memory problems.

Pot has the potential to cause all sorts of problems. Cigarettes are bad, and alcohol can be horrible. For whatever highly debatable reasons (I'm sure the hippy pro-pot kids are all raging in this thread right now), marijuana is illegal. Marijuana being illegal should say something about the drug, I think.

I think what your father said is damned foolish.

Blah Blah BLah

I think you need to relax and smoke a blunt.

blind_otter
Originally posted by pseud

There are studies which suggest that chronic users of marijuana are at a higher risk to develop mental disorders.

I have to refute this because I actually did my undergraduate internship 3 years ago in a forensic mental hospital working with the SPMI (severely and persistently mentally ill) population. Part of my job was helping to teach the residents classes to educate them about their mental illnesses.

Although there are a variety of things that cause or exacerbate mental illness, taking drugs cannot "make" you schizophrenic, bipolar (either type), or "give you" a severe mental illness -- you can experience reactive situational depression (but that happens with alcohol as well). We took great pains to teach the residents this - one guy stabbed his mother after drinking a 5th of vodka....and he blamed alcohol for his schizophrenia, but you can't do that -- the alcohol didn't cause him to have abnormally-shaped structures in his brain.

I just wanted to add that.

BC bud

NO, I'm not a stoner but geez, it sure is prevalent in this area...(even co-workers light up in the back alley at break-time :eek: )

Weed does absolutely nothing for me...whenever I've tryed it, all that happens is I sit there feeling stupid, lazy, and unmotivated. I don't get any kind of enjoyable 'high'.

As for alcohol, well - IMO it's an extremely dangerous substance.

But what I want to ask is this : I read that pot has many useful medicinal properties (pain reliever, sleep inducer, etc.....) and apparently marijuana could currently replace 30% of prescription medications.

Do you think this is true?...just being curious. :confused:

My mom just underwent MAJOR joint repair surgery on her wrist. I told her to go get some MJ and she was like "Hell no, my prescription's stronger than that crap!!!"....lol

My mom just underwent MAJOR joint repair surgery on her wrist. I told her to go get some MJ and she was like "Hell no, my prescription's stronger than that crap!!!"....lol

So what is she using and where can I get it????? :eek:

jkjkjkjkjk lol

I smoke a lot..but I will be cutting down to just the weekends from now on...

I know some people that get addicted and they make weed their whole life...that I cannot understand..but I believe it's ok and it does help you relax as long as you don't let it take over your life and you have your priorities straight.

Weed does absolutely nothing for me...whenever I've tryed it, all that happens is I sit there feeling stupid, lazy, and unmotivated. I don't get any kind of enjoyable 'high'
You need to smoke the good Sh*t! lol jk :p