Cutting, Quitting, Real life wrecker :L

I Was originally ''Cutting'' myself starting at the Age of 13, They were minor cuts on my wrists, But around the age of 14 my habit grew and i started cutting nearly my entire arm, One day i was watching tv and my sleeves were down and my mom saw the cuts, She was shocked and she started saying that was something evil and not natural and that i was ''Possesed'' she then told my dad and he got really mad. But after a few days they forgot about it.(But yet i lost all respect and Trust)--Around October(November) I Started again but now i did it for fun But the depth of the cuts was insane. I Cut my thighs and My hip. Little did i know that those probably needed stitching and that they were insane. Now The ones on my hip healed, But they look horrible and they are pretty big :L and sometimes look like dark purple scars. And i dont know how long I'll be able to hide them from my parents and I'll probably never be able to wear a bikini without those showing. There goes my dream of becoming a model/Actress.

Everyone said i had big shot and everyting to be a model. NOT ANYMORE

SO IN A NUTSHELL. DONT CUT AND SEEK REAL EXPERT HELP. CUTTING IS NEVER WORTH IT.

Wildcat (aka, Leptailurus), welcome to LoveShack. Internal emotional pain from anxiety or depression can be far more painful that external pain from cuts. For this reason, it is not uncommon for a person experiencing tremendous emotional pain to periodically cut her arms or legs. By externalizing the pain -- moving it outside her body -- the person is able to actually lower her overall pain level and, momentarily at least, feel a little better.

But, of course, there are much better ways to reduce that emotional pain without cutting and scaring one's own body. I therefore suggest you speak with your parents about seeing a therapist who can teach you techniques (e.g., CBT and DBT) that are very effective for regulating and controlling your own feelings. Take care, Wildcat.

• Like 3