Stalking my ex addiction, and it's negative effects

Hi all,

This is my first post i this forum, will tell you more stuff about me later, but now i need your help regarding an issue i am facing with my life!!

It's stalking. not the real stalking where i follow her wherever she goes or any creepy stuff like this, it's facebook stalking, and the most annoying, whatsapp stalking (yes i use 'servered' app)

I find my self getting really upset whenever she is online at 2AM(with all the bad thoughts that are coming u know them) and i know that she is not mine, but it is getting hard to let go, and i tried to stop stalking but it only buggs me more!

Anyone had this situation before and wants to share? if you got over this please tell me what did you do/ how did you recover?

thank you

I understand completely, things get easier with time and you'll find yourself checking back on her social media pages less and less, trust me.

It's 5 months later after me and my ex-girlfriend (of 4 years) split up, and I'm now in a position where I do not check her pages.

She's always posting pictures of her and her new boyfriend and things, at first it hurt like hell - but why should I be miserable and obsessing over someone that doesn't care about me?

Good luck my friend.

• Like 2
Eagle's-bargain

She's always posting pictures of her and her new boyfriend and things, at first it hurt like hell - but why should I be miserable and obsessing over someone that doesn't care about me?

Good luck my friend.

This right there is important.

As ridiculous as this sounds. Delete your facebook and change your phone number and manual enter in the phone numbers of people who actually care about you.

Delete all meaningful traces of you from the internet, aside from linkedin, if necessary. It takes about a year or two to reduce your online profile, but it can be done. ;)

• Like 1

I used to have a huge problem with stalking Facebook/journal stalking ex's. Some for years after the break-up.

I got over it by realizing keeping up with their lives was making it take a lot longer to heal. When you FB stalk them, it's almost like you're still in their life and they're not in yours. So they're out there moving on and healing by (assuming) having no contact with you, but you still "hear from" them through social media.

One thing that can help is if you block her on all social media. It kind of helped me because the process of blocking/unblocking to look at their profile was too uncomfortable.