Had problems with depression for years.....

.....then noticed from rec use that doing crystal seemed to help (lines). Went on to have the most functional, productive 8 year period of my life.(I'm 53 now).I never increased my use much in this time, went from a 1/16 lasting from 2 weeks to about 10 days. I met a woman that had her life fairly together and ended up stopping to please her. Was ok for about 6 months then had some buisness difficulties (I'm an Industrial Electrical Contractor) and life spiraled out of control into severe depression. Basically have spent over a year in bed. I really don't want to start with something illegal again, but I am more afraid of Rx drugs that I have no idea what effects will be. I have read that meth is Rx for severe depression sometimes. Has anyone every heard of this B4?

.....then noticed from rec use that doing crystal seemed to help (lines). Went on to have the most functional, productive 8 year period of my life.(I'm 53 now).I never increased my use much in this time, went from a 1/16 lasting from 2 weeks to about 10 days. I met a woman that had her life fairly together and ended up stopping to please her. Was ok for about 6 months then had some buisness difficulties (I'm an Industrial Electrical Contractor) and life spiraled out of control into severe depression. Basically have spent over a year in bed. I really don't want to start with something illegal again, but I am more afraid of Rx drugs that I have no idea what effects will be. I have read that meth is Rx for severe depression sometimes. Has anyone every heard of this B4?

I have. Without checking the research as to what I'm about to say, it's my understanding that meth releases dopamine and possibly other endorphins- it's a massive release which is why the 'wonderful' feeling takes place and increased energy.

I have to ask, when you would stop, were your 'come downs' hard, meaning were you extremely tired, etc.?

IMO the reason for the severe depression was due to your system being used to the 'rapid release' of endorphins and was possibly re-adjusting itself.

Here's hoping you remain off of the meth, it's bad news (and so are the pharmas)... please read publications on how meth affects the brain- quite the scary read...

• Author

Thanks for your reply...

I struggled with depression from late teens on....long before I did any drugs. During my rec use of meth I was always the one that did the smallest line....I never was into getting sprung like many do.

My use consisted of what could only be considered the "normal" activities of someone who was working many hours. I made considerable amounts of cash by being able to accomplish so much in a day...I was charging $50/hr and often worked 14-16 hr days...normally getting 4-5 hrs sleep every day minimum.

When I stopped I felt no ill effects other than the loss of stamina. But as I say, when things took a bad turn instead of pressing through it as I had while using, the depression spiraled out of control. Maybe I'm some kind of unicorn, but it was a positive for me and I wish I hadn't stopped. I am quite sure that I would still be doing as well as I had been if I had not.