Lost it after 8 years.

Gosh! I'm very disappointed in myself. I let to much stress get the best of me and I picked one up. One beer it all it took to lead to 8 of them. And I take low dose Xanax 3 times a day. Needless to say I got very sick and that is not a combo to mess with. I know I'll be ok getting back into the sobriety mindset, however, all my hard work it seems I blew! Never again. And to anyone struggling you can get sober and stay that way. And never mix a benzo with booze not only is it dangerous, it will depress the heck out of you.

Mea

• Author
You're human. We slip up. We make mistakes. Forgive yourself, and start sobriety again this morning.

Exactly thanks.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.

Amen. --Reinhold Niebuhr

• Like 2

How funny! I have only ever seen the first three lines. I hadn't realized it was part of a longer prayer. Thanks for that!

• Like 1
  • Author
How funny! I have only ever seen the first three lines. I hadn't realized it was part of a longer prayer. Thanks for that!

You're welcome! :)

• Author

Funny I just tried to find 2 meeting to attend today by driving to the locations, Both had been moved to other places upon arriving to those other places both no longer exist. Gotta love it. Lol. Going to try for one more tonight because im wasting gas.:lmao:

Edited by mea_M
Typos

Those eight years are not lost. Draw upon them , its your insurance that you can regroup and move forward. Bless you for coming to your realization that sobriety is important to pursue.

• Like 1
  • Author
Those eight years are not lost. Draw upon them , its your insurance that you can regroup and move forward. Bless you for coming to your realization that sobriety is important to pursue.

Thank you. It's ironic that it's step 10 has kept me sober and that's that step I lost it on. So what do I do, find a 10 step closed meeting yesterday and it worked perfectly for me. :)