meth has left me mentally ill.

Hello I am new here so Idk if I'm doing this right. I've done meth on and off for about 20 years.before that I was in recovery. I have realized once again that my thinking is all messed up. I've been on a binge for about a week. I'm making another attempt at recovery. I know that for a while I'm not going to feel anything happy. Please if you pray pray for me. I'm crazy after all that time on meth. I can't find God anywhere.

AlexanderJames

Hey there. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

There are some wonderful people on here with some links to some really helpful places and I am sure they will direct you there soon. If you feel like you can't wait there have been some mentioned in the comments to my thread a couple below yours in the forum.

Having not had much exposure to methamphetamine myself there probably isn't a lot I can tell you but there are people on here with a wealth of knowledge who I know can help.

I believe that you have what it takes to beat your addiction. I believe that you are brave enough to battle your fears and defeat your demons. If you have faith in god then god has faith in you. God doesn't care about what you have done, only what you do. Fight the good fight.

From over here in South Australia, I believe in you mate.

• Like 2

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?"

1 Corinthians 3:16

• Like 2
The Like Fairy
Hello I am new here so Idk if I'm doing this right. I've done meth on and off for about 20 years.before that I was in recovery. I have realized once again that my thinking is all messed up.

I've been on a binge for about a week. I'm making another attempt at recovery. I know that for a while I'm not going to feel anything happy. Please if you pray pray for me. I'm crazy after all that time on meth. I can't find God anywhere.

I've read that long term use of Meth can destroy the brain's pleasure centers and therefor the ability to 'feel good'. This may have happened to your brain.

That being the case, you need to talk to a doctor and look into taking medication that can replace the chemicals of your brain that are no longer being produced sufficiently, the chemicals that make you feel happiness. The pleasure centers.

The medication I am referring to is anti-depressants. There are so many to choose from. I take Prozac and really like it.

Prozac is one of the top 3 most popular of the anti-depressants on the market, the other ones being Zoloft, Lexapro, Paxil, Cymbalta, and Luvox.

Here's a great article about the different antidepressants available.

You need to google 'types of antidepressants' and begin educating yourself.

The other thing you need to do is join a free support group, this is one called Crystal Meth Anonymous

and then there's this one

and this one

and this one too

and more still

I just googled the words "Meth Support Groups", you should too, because there were a bunch. Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel you, same as mine. If only i can do something, but i'm an addict as well. But, i know you can do it, we can do it. Together we can climb the way to recovery. hang in there bro! keep your head up!

• Like 1

I hope that you have a support group or program of some kind. If not, get one ASAP.

I will be thinking good thoughts for you that you will be able to get your life back. This addiction is terrible, as you know. I do know someone who was addicted to meth who has recovered - it can be done, and you can do it.

• Like 1