First time using Meth.

AlexanderJames

AlexanderJames

Hey everyone. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, and my issue will probably be resolved by the time someone responds but I took gear for the first time last night, roughly around 2 points. Haven't had any problems, no sore jaw or emotional issues since but I am on the arse end of my 40th hour away and wouldn't mind getting some sleep as I have things to do tomorrow. I really don't want to be driving around doing chores while I am wired.

Had a couple of hot showers, some food, laying in front of the tv and now I am trying a couple of whiskeys to see if it gets me to sleep but nothing yet. I don't own or have access to sleeping tablets at this hour of the night. Any other tips or tricks I can try?

Thanks guys (:

You might be feeling okay now, but after 40 hours, you're going to feel like hell tomorrow. I'd cancel your plans and just focus on recovering. Absolutely do not drive if you are still awake from your drug binge - don't risk other people's lives.

Alcohol can help after meth...makes sleep easier. Don't overdo it though - you're already going to be feeling terrible tomorrow, and a hangover added to the mix would be unwise. Ensure you are properly hydrated also.

Alcohol, food, electrolytes and masturbation.

Good luck. And I would think very long and hard before continuing down this path...meth is not something to mess with.

• Like 5
  • Author
AlexanderJames

Damn, I was hoping that this whole not being able to sleep and getting cold tingles everywhere was the comedown :(

I've been drinking lots of water and doing nothing all day. I may have had a few 30 min power naps throughout the day but nothing long.

I have heard that it is incredibly addictive. Like once is fun twice takes your life. I do not plan on doing it again and given the fact that I will supposedly feel like death reincarnate tomorrow that will probably do well to keep me away.

Is it common to not come down for days? I really don't want to miss this event tomorrow night as tickets were hard to get my hands on :(

AJ, I am so, so sorry you have done this...

The first time should be a half-a-point at best - not TWO! Cancel your plans because tomorrow and the day after and the third day are going to be your worst days.

Shower every six hours or so and drink TONS of water; like every 30 minutes. I'm sorry you don't have something to get you to sleep because that is what your body needs now more than anything. How about NyQuil or Benadryl? ANYTHING in your house to help you come down? Ambien would be preferred...

With the doses mentioned here, you're gonna seriously overload your dopamine receptors and deplete your vesicles. Chances are you permanently damage part of your neurons. Prescription instant release tablets usually come in 5 or 10 mg only. And we're not talking about a medicine like DXM where you're after a fun side-effect that only occurs in large doses.

From doing a little research:

"Look at how meth works: Nerve impulses are transmitted between neurons by a release of dopamine from vesicles into the synaptic cleft. The neuron sending the signal releases them, they float to the other side and bind to the neuroreceptors there (they "activate" them). When more receptors are activated, it becomes more likely that the receiving cell will "fire" (transmit impuls further, contract a muscle or whatever).

Now, even without a nerve signal, there will be some free dopamine floating around, and some receptors will be activated. What meth does is increase this amount of free dopamine by releasing it from the vesicles in which it is stored. More receptors will be activated, so it will take less aditional dopamine to fire. It takes less effort. Like your car suddenly has power steering.

The meth inhibits reuptake so the dopamine stays in the synaptic cleft longer, till it gets broken down by MAO or COMT enzymes, or eventually put back into the vesicles. But what meth cannot do is produce dopamine! Those vesicles get depleted, so when the effects wear off, you're left with less dopamine available, and instead of less effort, it takes more effort to pass those impulses from one neuron to another.

That's why tolerance builds up so rapidly; at low doses the large vesicles start releasing, at high doses the small ones do as well, and your body makes new dopamine, but at too slow a rate to keep up, so eventually there's not much left to release, even when taking much larger doses.

This is the difference with drugs like opioids, those act directly, by binding to the receptors. Which would be the equivalent of taking straight dopamine instead of meth. But that's not possible because dopamine cannot cross the brain-blood barrier.

Other effects from releasing too much dopamine are neurotoxicity and downregulation. The first is damage or neuron death, the second is a decrease in receptors, making the neuron less sensitive to the dopamine. "

Edited by CarrieT
  • Like 7
  • Author
AlexanderJames

Fml.. well 5.5 points got purchased and that was between 3 of us. There was some left over I just rounded up. Either way more than .5 of a point though. Now just to be clear cause I am not drug savvy meth and gear are the same thing correct? How embarassing if they're not.

It's a weird feeling now, I sit still I have no twitches or chewing or foot tapping. The odd cold chill and that's it. Really the only thing that is happening is I am not tired. But as I said I am not stimulated either. Just lounging around.

6am today which would have been 8 hours after smoking it I felt like I crashed. Really cold, sweaty and heavy eyes. Since then just can't seem to fall to sleep.

Sounds like a trip to the chemist tomorrow. Driven by someone of course, if I can't doze off now.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Author
AlexanderJames

Quick update, just had shower number 3 and posted a few helpful dating tips on the other forums. A couple of multi vitamins and more water later and now my eyes are really heavy.

I'll touch bases and give you my how bad on a scale of 1 to put me out of my misery I am tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Yea well... wait till you truly came all the way down. You will notice it in your jaws, you just don't feel it right now ;)

Have done it twice or so I think (speed/amphetimines whatever) ages ago experimenting as a kid and couldn't sleep either for the night. I was fairly ok the following night, but I am not sure when you took your last hit. What helped me sleep the next night was alcohol. It is combating fire with fire but hey, you aren't exactly on a health tour right now and it isn't going to kill you. Plus it helps tremendously with any anxiety.

Just don't do it again, that drug made me feel really really filthy and probably is one of the nastiest out there. I never had the urge to touch that stuff again.

• Like 2
Now just to be clear cause I am not drug savvy meth and gear are the same thing correct? How embarassing if they're not.

No, they are not the same.

Gear is Heroin. Did you do heroin or crystal meth?

Did you research any of this before doing it?

• Like 3
The Like Fairy

Dear God PLEASE don't ever touch any of this stuff again! These are some of the most addictive substances to ever hit mankind and you don't want to spend the next decade hooked on this junk.

What do you need to hear to be convinced to never touch this stuff again?

How about this drug prevention website, which shows the drug users bodily decline over years (sometimes only months) being hooked on these drugs?

Roll your mouse over their pictures to see what they look like now, after drug abuse.

• Like 1
No, they are not the same.

Gear is Heroin. Did you do heroin or crystal meth?

Did you research any of this before doing it?

Whahaha CarrieT, excellent posts but let him come down before telling him this. I am sure he is getting the fear ;)

• Like 1
  • Author
AlexanderJames

Hey guys thanks for the posts.

Well this is embarassing I was under the assumption gear and meth were the same. Gear is what we had. I have a lot of trust in the people who I did it with and it was very much a spur of the moment thing.

I do not plan on making a habbit of doing it. I have never had a problem with addiction and don't want to start now. But thank you for taking the time to find those links. It was an experience that I can say I have done now and won't need to do again.

As for the not coming down yet I dont know. I slept through the night last night and woke up okay this morning. For the first time since hitting the pipe at 11pm Friday night (it's 9am Sunday) I feel slightly dehydrated. I didn't bite or chew while I was on it so my jaw isn't too bad. My neck shoulders and knees are killing me though.

Thanks again all for the support. On a scale from 1 - 10 for feeling like death I'd say I am at a 2 or a 3.

• Like 1
  • Author
AlexanderJames

Correction: apparently in the states gear is heroin but here in Aus it's meth. Either way I asked my housemate who is the guy who bought the stuff and he said it was meth.

• Like 1
The Like Fairy
Correction: apparently in the states gear is heroin but here in Aus it's meth. Either way I asked my housemate who is the guy who bought the stuff and he said it was meth.

I figured as much. You didn't sound like you'd done herion, quite different than meth, being herion chills you out and meth makes you hyper. I've never done heroin, I'm going by tv documentaries I've watched regarding that much.

I'm probably the only knucklehead I know of who has accidently done meth when they meant to do coke :laugh: It was a quarter of a century ago (which is to say 25 years ago :laugh:) when I dabbled briefly in cocaine for a few months at age 20.

A couple guys who did meth (and I didn't know they did meth, until I found out later) thought it would be really funny to give me a line of meth and tell me it was coke. Hardy har har indeed :mad:

Luckily I was a bit wary of them and didn't do the full line, maybe half of it (it was a really big thick line they put out for me by the way, and I was unsure about doing that much 'coke' at once).

But it burned my nasal passages like holy hell and I was wired for the rest of the day hence my suspicion it was meth and not coke.

Goes to show kiddies, drugs and drug fiends can be really bad stuff. Just say NO.

I do not plan on making a habbit of doing it. I have never had a problem with addiction and don't want to start now.

But thank you for taking the time to find those links. It was an experience that I can say I have done now and won't need to do again.

I am REALLY REALLY glad to hear that! :bunny: :bunny: :D

While your at it, find some new friends too. Cheers hun! :)

• Like 2
  • Author
AlexanderJames

Damn, thankfully I have never had friends or so called friends give me drugs I didn't know I was taking. That's pretty shocking, dangerous too.

I was a heavy smoker for a very long time and one day I just gave a friend my new packet and never had an urge for another. So I am pretty confident that I will be able to never touch the stuff again after this weekend. I haven't really been having thoughts about meth on the comedown but I was an idiot yesterday and told a girl how I felt about her , while coming down, and got rejected lol so that's got me sad. Still 100x better than the apparent suicidal or paranoid emotions people get.

Still resting today, appetitie is back old mate down stairs is back but I am still pretty tired. If temptation or peer pressure ever comes up the memory of losing my entire weekend and missing a concert I had been looking forward too for months cause of a sneaky Friday night session should be more than enough to keep me away.

• Like 1

Yuck.

I broke up with my boyfriend for a good 3 months for experimenting with meth.

It's not a habit you want to pick up.

• Like 1
  • Author
AlexanderJames
Yuck.

I broke up with my boyfriend for a good 3 months for experimenting with meth.

It's not a habit you want to pick up.

It's definitely not something I'll be doing again don't worry. I missed out on an entire long weekend because of it.

• Like 1
  • Author
AlexanderJames

Is it normal to be feeling worthless, lonely and depressed after taking this stuff? I haven't done anything all weekend since Friday besides confirming my thoughts that things with a potential love interest had to come to an end. I didn't think I was into her enough to be feeling this down and flat which makes me think it's a side effect from the meth?

Tomorrow will be 4 days since the night. Wouldn't mind feeling like my happy go lucky self again soon. Work is going to be a struggle.

The Like Fairy
Is it normal to be feeling worthless, lonely and depressed after taking this stuff? I haven't done anything all weekend since Friday besides confirming my thoughts that things with a potential love interest had to come to an end. I didn't think I was into her enough to be feeling this down and flat which makes me think it's a side effect from the meth?

Tomorrow will be 4 days since the night. Wouldn't mind feeling like my happy go lucky self again soon. Work is going to be a struggle.

I'm betting it's very normal, since drugs mess with your brain circuitry and brain 'feel good' chemicals such as dopamine and seratonin etc.

Trying eating as healthy as possible - fresh fruits and vegetables (raw/uncooked and cooked), drink lots of water, start taking vitamins, get lots of sleep, and exercise everyday.

Give yourself AT LEAST 2 weeks and then re-assess how you feel, to see if you are just still getting back to normal or actually fried your brain a bit..... Don't stress I'm sure it will pass.

Plus it's totally normal to feel a bit stung after rejection, it happens TO EVERYONE so don't be too embarassed about that, it's all part of life, you win some you lose some! :) No biggie. Cheers hun! :)

• Author
AlexanderJames
I'm betting it's very normal, since drugs mess with your brain circuitry and brain 'feel good' chemicals such as dopamine and seratonin etc.

Trying eating as healthy as possible - fresh fruits and vegetables (raw/uncooked and cooked), drink lots of water, start taking vitamins, get lots of sleep, and exercise everyday.

Give yourself AT LEAST 2 weeks and then re-assess how you feel, to see if you are just still getting back to normal or actually fried your brain a bit..... Don't stress I'm sure it will pass.

Plus it's totally normal to feel a bit stung after rejection, it happens TO EVERYONE so don't be too embarassed about that, it's all part of life, you win some you lose some! :) No biggie. Cheers hun! :)

Thanks (: I keep telling myself that the drugs are making me feel this way and I am smart enough to know that the fact I have had 3 non hardy meals and a handful of hours sleep in 4 days is why I am acting delusional and running a muck in my own head.

Part of me is terrified though that this is the gear gripping me with addiction and that this feeling won't go away. I have absolutely no desire to ever touch the stuff again but I have never been addicted to anything in my life so I don't know what it feels like.

I really just want to stop being afraid, stop feeling flat empty and alone and be me again. Plus tonight I can't sleep again. I slept through the day today and now I am laying in bed 7 hours before I have to be up for working being scared that I have ruined my life.

• Like 1
The Like Fairy

I really just want to stop being afraid, stop feeling flat empty and alone and be me again. Plus tonight I can't sleep again. I slept through the day today and now I am laying in bed 7 hours before I have to be up for working being scared that I have ruined my life.

Make sure you are drinking lots of water and eating right. Sustained exercise will really help take the edge off as well, along with releasing endorphins which will make you feel good. Exercise every day, twice a day if you can.

For calming down a relaxing a bit and shaking off the fear you have, there is a supplement made by Natural Vitality called 'Natural Calm', the 'Anti-Stress Drink' (I am reading right off the label here from the bottle I have in my hand. We all take this at my house, my kids as well. VERY helpful!).

It's magnesium, and we don't get enough in our daily diets nor in the multi-vitamins we take. I've seen it at many supermarkets now in the health food section. If you can't find it, just buy any magnesium supplements you can find at the store. Magnesium helps alot but so does exercise.

• Author
AlexanderJames

Thanks for the advice. I haven't been able to get into the gym to work out because I am so so tired all of the time. It's been 6 days since it happened and I can't shake this sluggishness. I've been to work every day this week but I had to take today off cause the days are just too much. I am nautious and all over the place by mid day and by mid afternoon I can't think. Tried to sleep through the day today but was up at 11. Still feel tired.

It's so annoying. I have a tattoo booked for Saturday. Going to be a big session. Maybe I'll just sleep through it lol.

You should FORCE yourself to get to the gym.

It will help re-generate your endorphins...

• Like 1