Trying something once?

I believe in living life to it's fullest but I don't believe in trying everything once. I've seen close friends deteriorate after trying a certain drug, getting hooked on it and focusing the rest of their lives on chasing that first amazing high. You only live once but that stuff scares me. Anyone else?

are you talking about heroin? I have no experience with this - the closest I ever got was taking pain pills after major surgery and I didn't have any problems stopping when I wasn't in pain any more.

Cocaine scares me, as do people who are on it.

I have done a fair few things once, but I don't think it is at all necessary for living life to its fullest. And for a lot of people it certainly isn't worth risking addiction.

• Like 1
white_bass87

I have plenty of friends that do dumb things and I am not always looking at modeling the crap they come up with or do on a whim just to cope with life.

One of my real good buddies always tells me, If you're thinking about doing something stupid, at least try to be smart about it.

• 1 month later...

trying something new out of curiosity may get you in trouble sometimes. in the end you'll find yourself trying to quit a habit which you have been dependent on.