Is it true?

Is it completely true that when a person is addicted to, let's say a drug or alcohol, the same person will easily be addicted to sex also?

Do addictive personalities stay this was forever if they never believe they have a problem with it?

Is it completely true that when a person is addicted to, let's say a drug or alcohol, the same person will easily be addicted to sex also?
Not necessarily, no.

Do addictive personalities stay this was forever if they never believe they have a problem with it?

very probably, yes.

• Like 1

If you have an addictive personality, it's easier to become addicted to all sorts of things.

There is research being done about whether or not children born to women who are addicted to drugs & alcohol have something transmitted into them in utero that solidifies the addictive personality. It's been about 10 years since I read the study & don't remember the outcome

• Like 1
  • Author

I want to make a research about this for college.

I've been seeing the side effects of being near tho "A's" my whole life.

No one is an A at home, but my uncles and even some friends are, and I have noticed many similarities on their traits and even on having addictions for more than one thing.

If you want to do the research I would start with academic publications and studies from the American Psychiatric Association & the various medical journals: JAMA, NEJM. Ask your school's research librarian to help you out.

• Like 1
  • Author
Mondmellonw
If you want to do the research I would start with academic publications and studies from the American Psychiatric Association & the various medical journals: JAMA, NEJM. Ask your school's research librarian to help you out.

Thanks, I'll search for this on the Internet.

I am not american, but as far as I'm concerned, all of the best information I can get is on English and not on my native language, so, this will help.

Alcoholism is a disease, recognized by the medical institute and categorized as such.

Addictions are A-Symtomatic. Learn the difference so it can aide in which direction you proceed in the study. Phjysical dependency can be deadly....

Psychology is a bit grey in personality disorders, they blend, mesh and sometimes disagree in their subjectivity.

I personally do not have high regard for the terminology "addictive personality". Its a generic band-aid to cover a true disorder. That of which are- Bi polar, anxiety, manic, or depressant. That is the underlying root.

• Like 1
  • Author
Mondmellonw
Alcoholism is a disease, recognized by the medical institute and categorized as such.

Addictions are A-Symtomatic. Learn the difference so it can aide in which direction you proceed in the study. Phjysical dependency can be deadly....

Psychology is a bit grey in personality disorders, they blend, mesh and sometimes disagree in their subjectivity.

I personally do not have high regard for the terminology "addictive personality". Its a generic band-aid to cover a true disorder. That of which are- Bi polar, anxiety, manic, or depressant. That is the underlying root.

Yeah, I agree with you.

Generalizing, addictions are more of a symptom of another/an underlying issue.

Thanks for your answer!