Addicted to self harm.

Hello, i'm new to the forums. I started hurting myself and have also been having thoughts of suicide since September, ever since a girl, who i really, really cared for and put her before me broke my heart by telling me she didn't love me anymore. The longest i stopped cutting was for a month, it started back up about 3 weeks ago...

She has also cut herself plenty... and it's worse than mine... but that's not the point. We are still friends and we are helping each other out, which i hope might re-kindle love once again!

You both need to take time away from each other to sort through these issues. Suicidal thoughts and self-harm is not something to be taken lightly, nor something that you should ignore.

You are not able to help each other as you currently are. The best thing you can both do is seek professional help as soon as possible, and encourage the other to do so. Do not think of reconnecting or entering into a relationship until you are both healthy. At the moment, it is a very bad idea. Neither of you are capable of being in a fulfilling relationship at this point in your lives. You need to do some serious work on yourselves, independently.

Seek professional help immediately, and if you care for her, advise her to do the same. Have no contact or very limited contact. This girl said she doesn't love you - don't kill yourself trying to make her feel differently. It is pointless and damaging.

• Like 1