Seeking direction and action

whomovedmycheese

[FONT=Times New Roman][sIZE=3][/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3]Here is my story;[/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3]I am an active member of a 12 step program. About 1 year agoI met a woman in the program who was in a desperate situation. I listened toher story and became friends and tried to help and support her emotionally. Shehad a lot of confusion and unresolved issues. Over time we became closer andthe friendship developed into an intimate relationship. While our friendshipdeveloped and over the course of the year she had difficulty financially and Iwould voluntarily help her financially or however I could help at the times ofher needs. At some point it drained my resources to help and I crossed a lineand stole money. With my own means I was able to support myself and all myneeds. I stole to help another. I own my part and acknowledge regardless of theintension, stealing is stealing.[/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3]The money stolen and action to be taken is repaying thestolen money. I have admitted this to the parties involved and to mygirlfriend.[/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3]We currently live together and neither one of us is in aposition to support our living location alone. We just moved into a newapartment and signed a lease both of us are on the lease.[/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3]I do care about and love her or at least as far as I cantell. I have others in my life that are aware of the situation and tell me, howcan you possibly love someone else when you are doing the things you have done.Crossing a moral and ethical line of myself, how can I possibly love someoneelse when I don’t respect or love my own person and who I am?[/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3]I have established that I have lied and have been dishonestin our relationship by hiding the fact that I was not able to help financiallywhen I did help. Does this constitute the relationship is or has been built ona lie?[/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3]My problem and confusion is direction and action needed tocorrect my past actions. Where my relationship should go or if it should evencontinue. Can or should the relationship be salvaged?[/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][sIZE=3]I have made corrective action and am trying to baseeverything on my truth and who I am. I am being as truthful as I possibly can,meaning I am not lying as far as I can tell to anyone.[/sIZE][/FONT]

• Author
whomovedmycheese

Here is my story;

I am an active member of a 12 step program. About 1 year ago I met a woman in the program who was in a desperate situation. I listened to her story and became friends and tried to help and support her emotionally. She had a lot of confusion and unresolved issues. Over time we became closer and the friendship developed into an intimate relationship. While our friendship developed and over the course of the year she had difficulty financially and I would voluntarily help her financially or however I could help at the times of her needs. At some point it drained my resources to help and I crossed a line and stole money. With my own means I was able to support myself and all my needs. I stole to help another. I own my part and acknowledge regardless of the intension, stealing is stealing.

The money stolen and action to be taken is repaying the stolen money. I have admitted this to the parties involved and to my girlfriend.

We currently live together and neither one of us is in a position to support our living location alone. We just moved into a new apartment and signed a lease both of us are on the lease.

I do care about and love her or at least as far as I can tell. I have others in my life that are aware of the situation and tell me, how can you possibly love someone else when you are doing the things you have done. Crossing a moral and ethical line of myself, how can I possibly love someone else when I don’t respect or love my own person and who I am?

I have established that I have lied and have been dishonest in our relationship by hiding the fact that I was not able to help financially when I did help. Does this constitute the relationship is or has been built on a lie?

My problem and confusion is direction and action needed to correct my past actions. Where my relationship should go or if it should even continue. Can or should the relationship be salvaged?

I have made corrective action and am trying to base everything on my truth and who I am. I am being as truthful as I possibly can, meaning I am not lying as far as I can tell to anyone.

Edited by whomovedmycheese

You are an active member of a 12 step program, but are you clean and sober? Is she clean and sober? Do you have sponsors? Have you worked the steps? Are you working the program?