Boyfriend has addiction issues

My boyfriend has major addiction issues. He is addicted to flirting with women on Craiglist and flirts with women in general just to get his ego stroked persay. He loves me very dearly and has never cheated but his addiction is almost taking a toll on me it's like he needs to get his ego stroked just to make sure he still has it even though he loves me. He is also addicted to Ativan. He needs it all the time even though he doesn't have a major panic disorder. He just goes to the doctor and makes it up that he has a major panic disorder and gets the strongest MG possible. He even tries to drink alcohol with it just to get a high. I told him it isn't a good idea mixing Ativan and alcohol together but he just laughs it off and says it makes him feel good. I want to help my boyfriend with his addiction issues but clearly he doesn't think he has a problem.

The Ativan addiction and constant need for attention from women are warning signs. You should heed them.

You can't "help" your boyfriend unless he admits that he has a problem and actually wants help.

And you say that he's never cheated. How do you know that? Not that I know something you don't...just curious. Did you ask him and he told you no? Do you just assume he hasn't?

• Author

I do not know for a fact that he has ever cheated. I can never ever prove it so I just kinda have to go with my gut instinct and one part of me says no he would never cheat the other part says yes he would. The crazy part is the girls he picks up on craigslist are not attractive by any means. They are usually lonely and look like they haven't had a date in years if you know what I mean. I am not trying to sound stuck-up or anything I am just describing the kind of people he picks up.