"Best" nicotine patch?

laRubiaBonita

Ok, so i have decide i will not be smoking by my upcoming bday (11 days).

i think i will go the patch route, but i have no clue which one to try?

any suggestions? any advice?

Yay, you are quitting smoking. I am very familiar with the nicotine patch. I'm a fan. Here's my tips:

Go with the generics because they are less expensive. However, nicoderm sticks better. I would go for the strongest patch (21 mg) unless you smoke less than 10 cigarettes a day.

Be forewarned, the patch can be unpleasant at first. I dealt with redness and a lot of itching. I would scratch around the patch which seemed to help. Itchiness goes away after a while.

Vivid dreams and nightmares are a side effect of the patch. Personally, I loved that but if it bothers you, don't wear it at night.

Put the patch on a place that doesn't get too sweaty or near body creases. I found the upper arm to be best. When I put it on my torso, it would get jostled and peel off.

Always have spare patches on you at all time. It's horrible if the patch comes off and you don't have a spare.

Good luck :bunny:

• Author
laRubiaBonita

Thanks Cee!

i figure it will be similar to when i used the BC patch.... you know except that i am getting nicotine and not hormones :D

and i bet i will get the dreams- i get that with a lot of other meds anyways... it is almost something to look forward to. :D

• 2 weeks later...