flashbacks: recovery from addiction

sniknuoychris

my boyfriend use to do drugs, alot of them. anything from marijuana to acid. he has been clean for about 2 years now. he sometimes gets what are called flashbacks, which can be discribed as reliving a "trip". a trip includes but is not limited to the following taked from a website. . .

" Boundaries between users and their environment are blurred, time becomes distorted, stationary objects may seem to flow or pulsate, and color perception is heightened. . . . Hallucinations may occur, although users are usually aware that they are hallucinating. Occasionally, a threatening or stressful environment may provoke feelings of severe anxiety and paranoia. This acute panic reaction is often referred to as a "bad trip"

sometimes he has these flashbacks when i am around. i try my best to talk to him and help as much as i can. when he is having these when i am around, i feel helpless. is there anything i can do?

I did a paper while attending The Bauhaus School on Leary. While doing my research I learned that after a certain amount of lsd the judicial system veiws a person as legally insane. That is very scarey since I have tried this drug in different forms during my school years. Not that it is an excuse but I have always attended art schools since high school and the student body at most of these schools are more than experimental with drugs.

What I have learned through the years and seeing friends go through simular things as your bf is that if you are soothing and calm it will help the other person.

My best friend would only be calmed by me telling her a story as if to child and stroking her hair. Scary to think of all the long term effects drugs have on people. I have yet to experience any side effects. I don't beleive I dived that deeply into it but I have tried marijuna, extacy, and lsd.

Maybe you can call a help line or get on the internet and find help from a rehab clinic to get some suggestions.