can feel like my world is coming to an end and inside gets confused and want to talk

First time here. About 4yrs ago in therapy with a great therapist. He moved and never found another one. Treated for MPD. Well I have hit bottom due to gambling issues. Wanted help. Went to this therapist which I wanted help for inside. Anyway seen him twice. Bad time right now in life. Called him yesterday at 9 and I had to call him back in pm. He just does not seem to get how much pain I am in. Not sure if he is even right for me. What would be the right questions to ask? Thanks for any info. Also the trust issue comes in. When I am dealing with stuff at times I can feel like my world is coming to an end and inside gets confused and want to talk.

One idea - most cities have a free "distress line" - it's just a bunch of volunteers, who will talk to you on the phone about your problems. They're not therapists, but if you just need someone to talk to, it's a good start.

good luck,

-yes

• 2 weeks later...

Gamblers Annoymous would be a great idea. It is a 12 step program and if you stay open to it it can change your life.

Here is their website http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

You can choose what state and find a meeting - This is where you can talk to people that completly now what you are talking about because they have been there and they will be happy to listen

• Author

I started GA 3wks ago. great people. no $$ to pay anything. gambling is not a nice thing to get into. Thanks for the reply

No problem I am in NA myself - It has saved my life - Drugs are not a fun thing to be addicted to either, but with NA I haven't used a drug in almost 2 years and have completly changed the person I was for the better. :D