computer addiction

help please! i feel that i am thinking that i am addicted to this computer and i do not know how to stop going on it. it is my boyfriends computer and i ask him to remove it from home but he says no he wont do it. i feel at times better to leave then stay glued to computer all of the time. i go on lots of message boards and chat rooms and instant message people i know and he does not care what i do on it but that i am on it too much yet he wont remove it from house. so what shall i do, i feel like taking it all apart and smashing it through the wall but it cost much money so i wont do that and disrespect his property in such a way but still feel that way towards computer. since i can not control my self and he will not help me what other choice do i have for this problem, join a addiction group and probably become addicted to that groupd too.

Just don't turn it on! Find a hobby or join clubs and get out and meet real people. Clean the house, paint, go help a neighbor in need...there is so much you can do that doesn't require the computers help.

Or you could take the mouse and give it to your boyfriend for him to hide so you can't surf the web and only he will be able to use it.

Really, I can see where idle time can bring one to surf the web on and off throughout the day, but maybe you just need to find other things in your life to keep you occupied rather than glued to the computer all day.

• 4 weeks later...
longlegzs80

You and I are very similar. I have the same problem. I really think in my situation it is a sickness. I have a computer in my room and I am always on the net, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, checking email, going on the howdesign forum, just stuff like that, possibly looking for jobs. Before my computer, I would go to the library and surf the web, sometimes it would be afew minutes, sometimes hours and a half. My suggestion to you, and to myself is to get involved. Volunteer, take art classes, go to college, just something to get you away from the computer. I should not even talk, but this is a hard habit to fix, I know and it is something that you just have to step away from. Good luck to you.

Hi, I used to log in too often when I had much free time. Now, I go to language classes, exercise and part-time work so got myself more occupied. If you think along the line of maximising your time by putting it into better use, it is a good start to kicking your addiction. Hope this helps. :bunny:

If he is good with technical stuff, have him set it up with a password in order to log on, and not give you the password. Then go out and find something else fun to do!