Addicted to weed?

the_alchemyst

Am I?

I first smoked pot when I was 15 with some "friends." The first time I tried it, I got really, really stoned and felt really sick, so I vowed to never do it again.

Well, that vow was as good as a marriage vow.

I've been a cigarette smoker on and off for quite some years now. I think I first smoked a cig when I was about 12. It wasn't until I was 16-17 or so that I began to "heavily" smoke, taking in several a day.

I never got up to a pack a day, though. Maybe I did it once or twice, but I don't remember that being my norm.

I started smoking pot again when I was almost 17. I vaguely remember toking some puffs between the 15-17 range, but it wasn't until I was almost 17 that I started hitting joints.

For a whole year I was a true pot head. I even carried a small pipe in my purse with a nug, for, you know--"just in case."

Anyway, I stopped when I was 18 because my exbf didn't like it.

I felt pretty ****ty for almost a month afterwards.

On my 19th birthday, a "friend" gave me a stash of some blueberry and a pipe as a present. WTF.

I didn't resist and I ended up smoking it in my new pipe, and I loved it. It wasn't the strongest I had had, but it still got me super stoned. And it smelled nice, too.

So, I started smoking again. A first it was a toke every here and there, then several joints a day, and back to tokes, and I stopped again.

A few months ago, I started again. At first they were just spliffs, then j's, then pipes, and now recently, I have discovered the wonders of blunts.

I tend to stick with joints, though. I guess I like rolling it up. :rolleyes:

But I'm to the point where I feel like I have to have at least one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night. I feel like that freaking Sublime song. Before it was regular regular weed, then blueberry, then kush, the chronic, and even some dank.

I am an extremely anxious person by nature. And I also suffer from insomnia. Pot is about the only thing that helps me relax.

And now that I have been hitting more, I have also been writing and drawing more.

I used to love smoking regular cigs, but I've cut down considerably for the sake of my lungs, the doctor says. He does say, though, that smoking weed every now and then is a better alternative to regular cigs or alcohol. But I doubt he'd be saying that if he knew just how much I'm smoking lately.

Last night, for example, I was actually not stoned. And I was talking to someone on the phone, and I didn't even know WTF I was saying half of the time. I feel like . . . such blah when I'm sober. I feel like I NEED it in order to feel relaxed, creative, and well--a little "normal."

Hell, I think I need one right now. :confused:

EDIT: I just realized I sound like such a pot head. Am I?

I feel like I have to have at least one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night... ...I sound like such a pot head.

I agree with you.

EDIT: I just realized I sound like such a pot head. Am I?

Look to your left. Do you see a pink elephant? If so, it may be too late.

I'm so naive that I thought "smoking pot" was a receptacle for enhancing the flavour of things. Maybe a terra-cotta pot? If you want to come over to my place we can smoke some almonds together.

And you thought you were boring. Welcome to my life...it's like death, but just warmed up a bit.

• Author
the_alchemyst
I agree with you.

That can't be good. :eek:

From the sounds of it, you are a true pothead. Do you still keep a bowl in your purse for just in case?

:lmao:

Yes.

I think I need to stop.

EDIT: No, I don't see a pink elephant, but I do see the remnants of a hippo-horse. Am I safe?

And I am boring. I'm so boring I have to be stoned to not bore myself to death.

And smoked almonds sound good.

:lmao:

Yes.

I think I need to stop.

I'd hate to hear about you getting caught with possession of weed or the bowl. I was put on probation and had to pay lots of money for getting caught with an eighth and a bowl. A nice stainless steel bowl might I add. Bottom line: its not worth it to get in trouble with the stuff.

And I am boring. I'm so boring I have to be stoned to not bore myself to death.

And smoked almonds sound good.

Thats one reason why I quit. I was very quiet and boring when I was stoned.

Someone have the munchies?:lmao:

• Author
the_alchemyst

You're right. I need to ditch the pipe.

But seriously, this neighborhood is so bad that the cops seriously don't give a sh*t.

I bet they'll take you in for not sharing, though.

EDIT: Yes. I'm freaking hungry. But too lazy to cook. Maybe I'll have pot and a coke. A coke, as in, you know--the drink.

You're right. I need to ditch the pipe.

But seriously, this neighborhood is so bad that the cops seriously don't give a sh*t.

I bet they'll take you in for not sharing, though.

EDIT: Yes. I'm freaking hungry. But too lazy to cook. Maybe I'll have pot and a coke. A coke, as in, you know--the drink.

I know you meant the drink goofball.:p

I was caught in a nicer neighborhood, so I had no chance. They wanted me to go to NA for a year. I went once and the rest of the year I had people at work sign the sheet for me.

• Author
the_alchemyst

See, it's reading these types of testimonials that makes me seriously want to go cold-turkey on the pot.

AHH!! I have to make it through tonight without getting stoned.

I have more will power than this.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can . . .

See, it's reading these types of testimonials that makes me seriously want to go cold-turkey on the pot.

AHH!! I have to make it through tonight without getting stoned.

I have more will power than this.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can . . .

I had to say bye permanently to some friends and acquaintances when I quit, but it was well worth it. Just think of what better things you could purchase with that money. Use the money and save up for a kicka$s vacation. Its better then using it for court fines.

Plan B: just spend all your time on LS. Then you'll never have a chance to get high.:lmao:

Plan B: just spend all your time on LS. Then you'll never have a chance to get high.:lmao:

Or switch to drinking. I think it might be cheaper than chronic or dank.

BTW - I have never heard of dank. Only know about chronic thanks to Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre. What the hell is blueberry? Does it taste like blueberries? :lmao:

Or switch to drinking. I think it might be cheaper than chronic or dank.

BTW - I have never heard of dank. Only know about chronic thanks to Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre. What the hell is blueberry? Does it taste like blueberries? :lmao:

Thats what I switched to.:bunny:

I haven't heard of dank either. Blueberry?:confused:

• Author
the_alchemyst

You guys don't know what they are?

I feel worse now. :o

Blueberry is really good. It has a blue hue instead of the traditional green. I think they call it blueberry because . . . it smells like blueberries. :laugh:

And dank. Dank is might $$$ here. :( This is probably 'cause it's also pretty strong. In the raw, it looks really nasty, though. It's all hairy looking and is also pretty sticky. And the smell is not so great, either.

Strong stuff, though.

Do not smoke this, kids.

Do not smoke this, kids.

So...will you be my mentor? Can I trust you? Look up to you? Are you wearing a skirt?

Look...why should you have all the fun?!

And dank. Dank is might $$$ here. :( This is probably 'cause it's also pretty strong. In the raw, it looks really nasty, though. It's all hairy looking and is also pretty sticky. And the smell is not so great, either.

Strong stuff, though.

Do not smoke this, kids.

I know that hairy and sticky is good (or bad?). Strong, rather.

Never really got into the pot thing. I have wussy lungs, I guess.

I think it might be a more psychological dependence rather than a physical dependence. I have a friend who used to smoke all the time because she simply couldn't be in social situations without it.

I have a friend who used to smoke all the time because she simply couldn't be in social situations without it.

Are you sure it wasn't because you stress the sh*t out of her?

The debate over weed addiction is growing:

Is Marijuana Addictive?

The debate between marijuana and addiction has been growing steadily over the last decade. Many users may not display any signs of addiction or withdrawal, yet the number of users seeking treatment has been growing steadily over the years.6 Overall, it is difficult to say whether or not the drug is physically addictive, but it is known that marijuana use can lead to psychological addiction and social dependence.

Currently it appears that users develop more of psychological dependancy for the drug.

Treatment programs directed at marijuana abuse are rare, partly because many who use marijuana do so in combination with other drugs, such as cocaine and alcohol. However, with more people seeking help to control marijuana abuse, research has focused on ways to overcome problems with abuse of this drug.

One study of adult marijuana users found comparable benefits from a 14-session cognitive-behavioral group treatment and a 2-session individual treatment that included motivational interviewing and advice on ways to reduce marijuana use.63 Participants were mostly men in their early thirties who had smoked marijuana daily for over 10 years. By increasing patients' awareness of what triggers their marijuana use, both treatments sought to help them devise avoidance strategies. Use, dependence symptoms, and psychosocial problems decreased for at least 1 year after both treatments. About 30 percent of users were abstinent during the last 3-month followup period.

No medications are now available to treat marijuana abuse. However, recent discoveries about the workings of THC receptors have raised the possibility that scientists may eventually develop a medication that will block THC's intoxicating effects. Such a medication might be used to prevent relapse to marijuana abuse by reducing or eliminating its appeal.

Interesting! It seems the average user is going to have to go it alone, or hope that perhaps therapy might help.

I'm a user myself, so I know where you're coming from. :o

I smoke too but have yet to try the infamous blueberry. I've been smoking since I was 16 and have smoked basically everyday for the past two years. Although I do like to quit from time to time to clear my head, I feel that being stoned everyday is less harmful than being drunk everyday.

If smoking helps reduce anxiety, thats because hemp and marijuana are medicinal and have been used this way for centuries. If you're interested in learning more about this, you could check any sources fom the library etc. One video on the history and uses of hemp is called "Magic Weed - History of Marijuana" (It sounds cheesy but I assure it's interesting and informative)

If you are smoking regularly and are productive, social and happy, I see no need to quit, but that's just my humble opinion.:cool:

If you get busted for possession and have to pay lots of money to the court, money that could have been used for lots of better things, then you'll have no problem quitting. At least that is how it worked for me.

Lets see alot of people I know and hang out with all smoke pot. I do as well. Basically, if you are not doing anything harder then that is good. If you want to stop but can't then you need to seek professional help with that one. Marijuana is not an addicting drug though. Your mind just makes you think that you are addicted.

Damn where's my bowl! lol. j/k

SoCalCatman72

I don't see a problem with weed, as long as it is used responsibly. Almost everything carries a risk of addiction (I just read an article yesterday about 'exercise addiction'),

IMO alcohol is much more destructive than pot. Drunken driving, cirrosis(sp) of the liver, domestic violence, and alcohol poisoning are all known consequences of alcohol abuse.

Pot smokers, get really squinty eyed, watch a lot of cartoons and eat cookies most of the time. Yes there are those rare people who get caught doing something stupid while stoned, but then again there are people who do really stupid things while sober.

Pot is currently widely recognized as having theraputic qualities for many patients, here in Ca, we have Cannibus Co-Ops, some are shady some are very well run.

In Ca posession of less than an ounce (as long as it's not divided up into individual baggies) is a low class misdemeanor, (e.g. a citation only, no booking) carries not more than a $100 maximum fine. If you have a prescription you can generally avoid the citation to begin with.

There are studies that show that pot might be helpful in treating some emotional disorders, I personally have discussed my pot usage with my shrink and they haven't jumped down my throat about it. In fact the have implicitly indicated that if it helps me, they would rather me smoke pot than drink alcohol.

And Genesis 1:11 The lord brought forth grass for the cattle and the herb bearing seed for all mankind.