So I went to Al Anon today...

amaysngrace

...and I'm absolutely glad I did. The people were very nice, and some seemed pretty impressed about how much insight I have into myself. They were all A LOT older than I am.

I can't really say enough good things about the experience. Those that were there were compassionate and welcomed me as I hadn't even expected.

What a wonderful thing to have available to us!

And it only cost a dollar!! :bunny::)

^ 5

Congrats..

I hope you find the support you need there.. Al Anon is great place for people dealing with an Alcoholic and will help you get your life back.

The people were very nice, and some seemed pretty impressed about how much insight I have into myself.

I think they really meant that you are self-absorbed.

Just kidding. Hopefully this will give some inspiration to anyone out there that is too "out there" to deal with what's going on in their lives. I don't think spiralling out of control is the ride that we should be taking. Life is interesting enough as it is.

I'll drink to that.

PS: Glad that you had a rewarding time!

• Author

I'm not what you said I am...I forgot to hit quote...but see how it's left no lasting impression on me?? :p

Yeah, it was a good thing. I feel bad for those who've had to deal with this for much of their lives. Like I said, they're up there in years.

They didn't have the access to information we do today. And forums like this one to share their stories.

What a shame for them. :(