Thanks loveshack.org and it’s members.

0llll0

After 427 days I have the piece of Paper in my hand today that gives me FULL and UNCONDITIONAL custody of my Daughter. Wonderful Wife, Excellent Son, Beautiful Family, Awesome friends, Hard work, making the correct choices tough as they may be, being the parents that care what our kids think, not what others think of us..........these will make a difference in your life.

It’s not vindication, its justification. For all the choices a parent must make, you know what is right and what is best. Don’t be afraid to be right just because someone might be unhappy. Respect your fear of being wrong, someone might get hurt.

427 days ago, 24 July 2005, my daughter told me something no father wants to hear. I immediately hired what turned out to be an excellent attorney (let me know if your in WA and need an attorney) and was awarded temporary custody. She had told her mother 3 1/2 years before this about what happened. Her mother did nothing. He made my daughter a victim for 3 years; she re-victimized her for 3 1/2 more. I had to call the sheriffs dept and Child services. We flew with her to WA State to give her deposition, We took her to the sentencing to see him go to jail (at which her maternal Grandfather showed up to support him during his guilty plea and re-victimized her and broke her heart). Her mother denied, then begged for forgiveness, then became angry and actually fought me for custody even when My daughter told her she refused to go back and live in her home. Only after 7 mos did her mother conceded that she would sign over custody on certain conditions. I accepted no conditions, and finally neither did the court!

Victoria is happy and healthy. She is doing well in school with a 3.2 GPA her first year. She made Varsity swim team (2 freshmen on a 16 girl team out of 160 girls to tryout). She has made a gazillion friends. She spends my money better than my wife. She is a pain in the butt 15year old girl, but all that is normal and that makes me happy.

I am trying to maintain the balance of love and affection for my family and neutrality towards her mother and him. The anger and negativity doesn’t do any good on the whole. One day though, I’ll find the time and energy to be angry. I hope to be camping in the mountains by myself and find a bear to wrestle. It’s tough. I beat myself up a little still for not having figured it out during those years, but then again how many parents are trained to see the signs?

Today our family is moving on. I am moving on. Thanks loveshack.org and it’s members. You helped whether you know it or not………..(yes, I was a lurker for a long time)

David

P.S. Always hug your kids and tell them you love them as often as possible every day.

superconductor

Hearty congratulations, dude.

It's not everyday that a court gives sole and unconditional custody to a father, so it's extraordinarily good that it worked out in your case.

Glad to know that some of us made a difference in your life.

Now go hug your daughter, and tell her it's from LS.

• Like 1

It sounds to me that you are the HERO.. not us...

It sounds like a journey no one should ever have to go down..

High Five.. and you are a hero