I know this is abuse...

Hello all...brand new to this forum and so far its the best I have found. I too am in an abusive relationship....I've been with my fiance for almost 4 years now. Things started out with just verbal abuse that I didn't recognize at first...then it turned physical when alcohol was involved (both of us were heavy drinkers which I wasn't before I met him).....It got to the point where he was mad at me for smoking one night and held my head under water in the bathtub twice. Of course, he apologized the next day and said he blacked out because he didn't remember it. I left him 2 days later. This was just this January so you see how long I've put up with it. He threatened suicide..promised change..promised counseling. So I went back. We went to a counseling session and a couple days later I found out I was pregnant. (makes me wonder why we sleep with these men when they treat us like crap). Anyways, I'm 4.5 months pregnant now and the verbal abuse is still going on. The physical abuse hasn't errupted again since the last incident.

He has a Jekyl and Hyde type personality. So loving and funny and great some days and a complete monster on others. I try to not yell back because I am not like that but I find myself getting so angry with him for thinking he can treat me this way that I want to negate what he says and thinks. He too has a jealousy streak. Makes up things in his head about me wanting other people or talking to other guys which I have never done. I've been as faithful as they come with him (with everyone I've ever been with actually). When he is in his moods he talks about how miserable he is but when he is happy he is urging me to marry him...get married now...which I don't want to do because I don't think he will ever change. I don't get it...If he is so miserable with me, why would he want to marry me. I'm not a dumb woman. I know what he is. I'm a dumb woman for not leaving for good. But, I'm pregnant...so I stay. Dumb huh? Yeah, it is. Anyway, just thought I would share. I know in my heart that one day I will leave him again. Just don't feel this is the right time form me.

Thanks for listening. Just wanted to share.

confused _one

awe Im so sorry that has happened to you im in an abusive situation emotional abuse and just cant seem to leave hes done so many things to hurt me yet he has the jekel and hyde personality loving and caring one minute the next saying how i need to do this and that and how he has his own life and that its none of my buisness. Something seems very wrong with abuse of any kind. Ive been together with my bf for 2 years and Ive just taken everything. I dont feel like its a time to leave either I know im being so stupid and ive seen the signs and everyone has told me leave. But im scared